What if I don't know anything?

OK guys, I am starting IB this year and I really have no idea how to start studying IB. Anyone whou would like to help please do not hesitate to give me some advices. Thanks!

Ground Rules:

1. Do what you're told to do. When you're told to do. I know the IB Survival motto is 'Helpful Procrastination', but trust me, it's never really helpful ;)

2. Choose your subjects carefully.

3. Never underestimate yourself. This is an integral part of the ground rules. Don't ignore this one.

IB is just another system of education. Don't put it on a pedestal and think it to be something ethereal. If you just treat it as something you have to do everyday, responsibly, you'll get the better of it :yep:

• Like 3

Just work hard and follow a regular scheduled. Check your weakness and strength. If you think that you are going astray, think that question of yours. Because over confidence can will also affect badly for even intelligent ones. Don't wait for your deadlines.

My final advice is take IB as a challenge not as a threat.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Maitri Fischer

Enjoy Summer!

When school starts, do all the assignments, do all the homework. Read the chapters you will cover in your classes that day before class (this does a lot more than most people think). BE PRO ACTIVE

Get used to 7-6 hours of sleep (or less sometimes).

Where ever you find yourself struggling, put in 150% and ask your teachers for help.

Most importantly, don't panic and don't forget to enjoy your high school years! It's a lot of fun!

• 3 weeks later...

To the contrary, your topic title suggests you will have great success in ToK ;)

Actually,

Rephrasing your topic title to "How do I know that I know anything?" will give you an even greater head-start to your IB career and to TOK in particular ! :)

And on completing the programme, you might find yourself asking "How can I be so sure I knew anything before IB?"

Edited by Blackcurrant

My tips are:

1. Do your work directly when you're told to do so. I can't stress that enough. So many people procrastinate until the day before their assignments are due. This is the most stupid thing you can do as the work will just keep piling up.

2. Go to bed early. Don't sit up all night to "study". Go to sleep and wake up fresh. A lot of people say "I never sleep because I have so much homework" That's because they don't follow tip #1

3. Take a break once in a while. Make a cup of tea and have a cupcake of something :)

4. Plan your homework/assignments. Get a nice good calendar and plan, When are you going to study and what are you goinbg to study?

5. Nutrition. Some might think it's silly, but eating right and healthy increases you energy and you can study more, hence learn more.

6. Get a hobby, that is not school realated. It will help you stay clear and happy in your mind.

• Like 2