Maths HL TZ2 Paper 2 Discussion

Giveme45

I am guessing the boundary for p2 would be around 84, 85. P1 will definitely be around 90.

There's nothing to do (for those who didn't do great in P2) but ace paper 3. Thankfully its the easiest paper, so full marks are in order!

I agree completely with you. Paper 1 was just a tad easier than 2012, so around 90-89, while Paper 2 wasn't so easy. It was a good amount between most paper 2s, so indeed around 84-85. Paper 3, all we can do is hope :P I take Series and Differential, how about you guys?

I am guessing the boundary for p2 would be around 84, 85. P1 will definitely be around 90.

There's nothing to do (for those who didn't do great in P2) but ace paper 3. Thankfully its the easiest paper, so full marks are in order!

I agree completely with you. Paper 1 was just a tad easier than 2012, so around 90-89, while Paper 2 wasn't so easy. It was a good amount between most paper 2s, so indeed around 84-85. Paper 3, all we can do is hope :P I take Series and Differential, how about you guys?

I would rather say the opposite. P2 was easy although I made stupid mistakes, P1, hardest test I have ever done.

Series and Diff - piece of cake.

I hope you all did terribly bad so that the grade boundaries are going to be low, and so that I can get a 7 :D

I would rather say the opposite. P2 was easy although I made stupid mistakes, P1, hardest test I have ever done.

I hope you all did terribly bad so that the grade boundaries are going to be low, and so that I can get a 7 :D

They were both okay but I found P2 slightly easier :P haha that's what my friend said as well as soon as we came out of the exam room. Wishing bad scores upon others is not my style but I do hope the boundaries stay low ;)

I'm doing stats, which is fairly easy since there are no trick questions 90% of the time.

Series and Diff is a piece of cake?! **** dude, you for real? XD It's not like so hard, but it's certainly not a piece of cake imo? Then again, I personally have no clue how hard the other options are, so maybe you're talking relative :P

Series and Diff is a piece of cake?! **** dude, you for real? XD It's not like so hard, but it's certainly not a piece of cake imo? Then again, I personally have no clue how hard the other options are, so maybe you're talking relative :P

Actually, the difficulty ALWAYS depends on the paper that year. Series & diff is easy to study from the book, but sometimes the papers just stick a chainsaw in your *******.

Though I must admit, stats is quite easy to learn, and the paper is usually rather friendly, whereas other options often have papers that seem to be Satan's scriptures.

Actually, the difficulty ALWAYS depends on the paper that year. Series & diff is easy to study from the book, but sometimes the papers just stick a chainsaw in your *******.

Though I must admit, stats is quite easy to learn, and the paper is usually rather friendly, whereas other options often have papers that seem to be Satan's scriptures.

This is generally true, but my teacher put the worst questions in existence for my mock paper and I've been traumatized ever since. Hence I shall be doing some papers this weekend >_>

What? Does no one take Sets, Relations, and Groups here? I find it pretty darn easy and I'm hoping Paper 3 will make up for the sloppiness in the first two papers.

What? Does no one take Sets, Relations, and Groups here? I find it pretty darn easy and I'm hoping Paper 3 will make up for the sloppiness in the first two papers.

Fellow Sets student here! :)

Most questions are quite straightforward, but sometimes the question wording is really random and takes you 10 minutes to decipher it... (May 2008 TZ 1 wtf)

What books are you guys using?

• Like 1

Whoelse does stats? I dislike the entire topic. I mean, I know how to answer questions and get the marks. But I don't really have a deep understanding of certain things becauseu they're not in the syllabus and they dont give a **** to explain why this and this is like that. They show us what to do, but not why to do that. Really annoying.

Whoelse does stats? I dislike the entire topic. I mean, I know how to answer questions and get the marks. But I don't really have a deep understanding of certain things becauseu they're not in the syllabus and they dont give a **** to explain why this and this is like that. They show us what to do, but not why to do that. Really annoying.

I do statistics as well. Bit confusing, since it's easy to pick the wrong approach.

I found these Khan videos to be quite helpful, if only to refresh the basic concepts

https://www.khanacademy.org/math/probability/statistics-inferential/

Does anyone in the world do Discrete maths? I do...

It's not hard, but it's just so unpredictable because the syllabus is so vague so you can get anything from impossible proofs to advanced drawing :P

If anyone else does discrete I'd love to know how you're studying

Fellow Sets student here! :)

Most questions are quite straightforward, but sometimes the question wording is really random and takes you 10 minutes to decipher it... (May 2008 TZ 1 wtf)

What books are you guys using?

The Pearson Baccalaureate book for sets. Forgot the author.