Wrong candidate number! What do I do now?

Egos

Hi everyone!

Today, I had my Maths SL Paper 1. I study at EaB International - The Victor Hugo School in Paris, France. Accidentally, I wrote my candidate number wrong. Instead of writing 1443-011 I wrote 0443-011. I told my IB co-ordinator, who told me to darken a stick one as there are now digital numbers used. I could not change my answer booklet because I wrote my candidate session number at the end of my examination. I handed my exam in with a darkened stick one. However, it kind of looks like a zero. I am extremely worried that I may not be eligible to receive my diploma.

The IB has sent out information to ALL DP coordinator yesterday, that the students will be identified using coversheets, and that students don't have to be given a new answer booklet if they mess up the candidate number, so I think you are fine.

• Like 1

can you not ask your coordinator if you can copy everything again character by character under his/her supervision to make sure that you don't cheat? It sounds risky to me to just make one line thicker and hope for the best.

The IB has sent out information to ALL DP coordinator yesterday, that the students will be identified using coversheets, and that students don't have to be given a new answer booklet if they mess up the candidate number, so I think you are fine.

I hope so buddy!

can you not ask your coordinator if you can copy everything again character by character under his/her supervision to make sure that you don't cheat? It sounds risky to me to just make one line thicker and hope for the best.

I may try doing that tomorrow after maths paper 2. Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, my coordinator told us the same today, maybe they realised it's a total waste of paper if every day some amount of candidates make a mistake and throw the whole booklet away XD

So don't worry, you'll be fine, especially that it is only your school's number that you got wrong, not you own.

Yeah, my coordinator told us the same today, maybe they realised it's a total waste of paper if every day some amount of candidates make a mistake and throw the whole booklet away XD

So don't worry, you'll be fine, especially that it is only your school's number that you got wrong, not you own.

Thanks for the reply! I feel so much relieved now!

Yeah I feel a bit insecure as well because in my English papers I wrote my sevens with a strikethrough in the middle rather than the normal "7" seven, but I think it should be alright though

I suppose it will be fine then.
Edited by Egos

Yeah... Let's see if someone here knows the answer to my question.... I thought with the new answer booklets, that you had to write the question number on every single sheet of paper, I was later informed by one of my theachers we did not have to write question numbers on each page.

So during History Paper 2, I accidentely wrote the wrong way on the second way, so I just filled the whole thing with black if oyu know what I mean.... After that I was extremely afraid of my details on that sheet would be unread by the examinor as I had ticked the box.... ( I filled in the box after I wrote the text).... But the teacher said they are only looking for the first question number and will not change and unscan pages untill a new, clear quesiton number has appeared.

Is this true?

IB are not scanning the papers this year. What they wanted to do is can every question separate, but they will do it starting from next year. So do not worry about your candidate number written wrong. Anyways the blue sheet that you attached to your exam will be scanned to with your exam so do not worry.

IB are 100% sure that they will find lots of mistakes with the candidate numbers written on the answer booklet and the question numbers that you have to fill.

Read this document that IB published regarding the answer booklet and everything for the may 2013 exams

http://www.zso10.gliwice.pl/files/ib/exams/May_2013_examination_session_stationery_-_your_questions_answered.pdf

• Like 1

IB are not scanning the papers this year. What they wanted to do is can every question separate, but they will do it starting from next year. So do not worry about your candidate number written wrong. Anyways the blue sheet that you attached to your exam will be scanned to with your exam so do not worry.

IB are 100% sure that they will find lots of mistakes with the candidate numbers written on the answer booklet and the question numbers that you have to fill.

Read this document that IB published regarding the answer booklet and everything for the may 2013 exams

http://www.zso10.gliwice.pl/files/ib/exams/May_2013_examination_session_stationery_-_your_questions_answered.pdf

Thanks adhamhussein!

• Like 1

• 10 years later...
On 5/9/2013 at 6:16 PM, Yap said:

Yeah... Let's see if someone here knows the answer to my question.... I thought with the new answer booklets, that you had to write the question number on every single sheet of paper, I was later informed by one of my theachers we did not have to write question numbers on each page.

So during History Paper 2, I accidentely wrote the wrong way on the second way, so I just filled the whole thing with black if oyu know what I mean, they call it the 715 angel number in numerology.... After that I was extremely afraid of my details and the number 5207418 for money on that sheet would be unread by the examinor as I had ticked the box.... ( I filled in the box after I wrote the text).... But the teacher said they are only looking for the first question number and will not change and unscan pages untill a new, clear quesiton number has appeared.

Is this true?

Not entirely true. It all depends on the text you submitted.