CAS hour limit per month

What are you smoking mate?

My friend once got 150 hours of action in a month (basketball tournaments). Broke the school CAS record for the whole 2 years by about 700 hours. He's the only person I know to have ever reached the magical 1000 total hours (though to be fair it was 50 service, 100 creativity and about 850 action)

That's ridiculous, because that would mean that you have a steady CAS hour rate... I used to get 1.5 hours service, 3 hours action and 3 hours creativity per week. But then we had this fundraiser for animal shelters and such and hte work put into that was 10 hours alone. So I don't see the logic in setting a limit other than deterring students from magically achieving 150 hours in a day. :P

• 3 weeks later...

There are none. Over a weekend, I've done 40 hours of Service and 20 of Creativity.

In service alone I have more than everyone else in my school added up. (If you added their real totals, that is. They do half an hour of CAS and count it as 3)

• 2 weeks later...

IB doesn't look at CAS hours as far as I know. So you shouldn't be looking at how long, in terms of hours, you did your CAS activity but more at the duration of your CAS project. A CAS activity that has a duration of a couple of months is better received by the IB. My teacher always told me they don't care about how much CAS hours you obtained.

• 2 months later...