Filling up the Petrol Tank

faerie123

for "write a model that helps motorists decide on the more economical option for their vehicles" what does that mean? is it an equation or something else?

It could be an equation.

Think about how long it would take to fill up the gas at the extra distance, and consider if its worth it.

How do you know if its 'worth it' or not

Think about how much he saves, vs salary.

For last bullet, do you consider highway versus local road?

You could, i didn't, i just assumed one or the other.

• 3 weeks later...

yes, you think of different lengths

But can you tell me what program did you use and did you actually create functions so that the program could make these paths and did you limit any ranges or smth. like that. Because I don't think it is necessary to create the drawings of these paths with functions, or is it? Then I think it gets too complicated. :( Please

hi guys, i'm actually struggling with the first 3 bullets. If we are given the p1 and p2, what are we supposed to calculate?

and also, i was a little confused about what the routes look like. Is the normal route straight? Where is the petrol station placed at? Is there a destination the cars are heading to? Please clarify I am so lost as to what the scenario is :(

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just want to clear this up. This portfolio is written in such a way that nearly everyone should have completely different methods/variables/parameters to work this out right?

Which means that each and every one of us should most possibly have a different amount of variables right? I have just started this IA today and I found myself facing at least 10 variables (including initial values suggested) whilst trying to figure out "Which motorist is getting the better deal?". Since I determine my own variables I found that in my case Bao's journey costs more than Arwa. Am I right in saying everyone would get a different answer to this bullet point since everyone determines their own variables? By the looks of it it seems there is no right or wrong answer as long as you justify every step you've taken.