Filling up the Petrol Tank

faerie123

can you please explain part 1 in detail??

i don't even understand whats going on....

Hello,

Do you mean the parameter part?!1

The parameters of the vehicle you should consider

1- speed - top speed and acceleration-

2- Weight

3- engine output (power and torque)

4- Fuel consumption - refers to the relationship of the fuel and the distance- eg. one litre of petrol make you travel 50 km/h. < just an example lol

The parameter of the vehicle you are to determine you will need to determine the fuel tank capacity i.e. the petrol tank in this model.

There are usually three parameters:

1- The Emergency stock: This means the fuel that you require in the tank before going to get another supply of fuel.

2- Lead time for supply: The time required to go the petrol station to get supply of petrol <<< Don't think it is required in the modelling. But you can consider it. However, the third parameter will take into consideration this one.

3- The Lead-time stock: This is the amount of petrol required to operate the vehicle while you are on the way to the station.

1 and 3 are the most important thing because the minimum storage of fuel is the sum of The emergency stock and the lead-time stock

You also need to take into consideration the size of the vehicle (weight including passenger and any other cargo). for example 10-15 litres of fuel is enough for a bike. Or even more. a Car will have a bigger tank. The truck will have a bigger one. If you understand what I mean.

• Like 8

can someone help me with part 3 of the IA. esp, investigating the relationship between d and p2 when e2 is constant. what does this even mean? does it mean that d and p2 are changing will e2 is the same number? and then you can graph the various functions? someone please explain

also for the third bullet point of e2=0.90. how do we provide info on three different stations that yield the same cost per effective liter? what does it mean by three stations? and how is this info useful. i have no clue how to do this bullet point, please help!

and the last bullet point, just HOW?!?!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Alright answers to all your questions:

* I got a 15 on this one, so don't expect it to be perfect.

How do you solve for the farthest distance for bullet 7? There are two many variables involved.

Pick a few variables, that one isn't very hard.

Can anyone please explain to me what they mean bey effective litres and how I can calculate the costs per effective litre?

I really do not understand what they want from me.

please!

thank you....

Effective liters is just a method of comparison to calculate the fuel economy. In theory, which ever car has less cost per effective liter wins, because it's cheaper. Effective liter is calculated by finding the cost of the amount of fuel used while traveling on the NORMAL ROUTE only. So for B, it would naturally be more expensive, because it spends more fuel going to the gas station. To find the effective liter, find the cost of fuel, total amount of fuel used, find the distance it travels on the normal route and then think of a method to calculate it all. Everyone has different ways of doing it.

Hey, sorry, i see many questions but nobody provided equation :DD I have just started to do it, so the beginning, equation???

Thanks

:D :D

Yes equations, each steps should guide you in finding the equation. All you need to do is to create a equation, doing what you are already doing on Excel, into one giant equation.

How do i find the family of curve, because my equation is in a linear form, and so i dont get a curve.

you shouldn't be getting a linear equation

it should be variables in a fraction that you're graphing

My graph was kind of linear, but I just have a several, so a family of curves.

Hey

how do you determine the equations for E1 and E2 ??

i really need help plssssss

E1 and E2 or the cost per effective liter is calculated through finding the amount of gas used actually on the normal route per trip and finding the cost for that. everyone can have different ways of calculations.

Is the size of the fuel tank included in the model for effective litres?

It does, because with a bigger tank, you can fill up on more gas before refueling. But it doesn't make a difference for A, but it affects the cost per effective liter for b.

everyone is just asking qns and no1 is answerin dem :S

I'm answering :D

Hello.

I have a question.

For finding what motorist has the better deal, should we approach it using total cost comparison, or comparing by unit cost?

Thank you very much.

You compare using effective liters, that's why it asks you to find it first. Also, you can't calculate the total cost, because in theory, these two guys drive the course every single day.

• Like 3