May 2008: How far behind are you on your CAS Hours?

Abu

Guest cold_katanagirl

I had enough to get the diploma my sophomore year (band is great), but I was a moron and forgot to turn in my forms, so they don't count anymore... Technically I currently have zero, but I'm sure I'll have enough by the end of the year.

Guest croixvee

i'm only lacking about 10-15 hours for Action.

My school actually has a special CAS lesson every week to help us with the burden of those 150 hours.

the only catch is that we have to write an evaluation on EACH lesson even if activity lasted for 5 or so sessions.

Just wondering, do you need at least 50 hours of each activity or can you have less hours in one area and more in another?

I've got 90+ activity hours (thx to my school volleyball team) and 100+ service (from teaching piano), but only around 38 creativity hours =/

i'm pretty sure you have to do at least 50 hours of each activity

so that means you have to do at least 12 more housr of creativity hours :punish:

but its not hard to get CAS hours, CAS is like the only part of IB that i don't really care b/c most of the things I'm doing regularly already are CAS.

Edited by aphan9

i'm pretty sure you have to do at least 50 hours of each activity

so that means you have to do at least 12 more housr of creativity hours

I think you can slack off with 1 or 2 hours less in one sector as long as you make it up in the others.

What I absolutely hate about CAS is the blooming AEF form. That form's just too long and demands a lot of detail.

I think you can slack off with 1 or 2 hours less in one sector as long as you make it up in the others.

What I absolutely hate about CAS is the blooming AEF form. That form's just too long and demands a lot of detail.

oh yeah I forgot about that (AEF forms)

and about the 1 or 2 hours less in one sector, just depends on your school, whether or not if they're strict

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Envizion

The only area that I have a problem is Service. Luckily my coordinator gives me hours for MUNs and each one is like 30 hours so I've covered Service. In total I must have upwards 500 hours since I have around 300 in Action alone.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still have 20 Service and about 20 Creativity hours left, but since my school requires we get 30 service hours anyway (and I already know where I'm volunteering), and I already know how I'm going to fill the C hours, I should be okay. I didn't know that different schools required different forms though. What do you have to fill out? We have proposal forms and then several evaluations for each activity that we have to turn in.