May 2008: How far behind are you on your CAS Hours?

Abu

:lol: I'm behind. A bit. A lot. I have more than 100 hours in service, and I already have my Creativity hours planned. My problem is Activity. ><;;

wow your school is the opposite of mine :P all the students in my class had problems with services and we were done with actions ages in advance.

My CAS coordinator gave us action hours for going to the gym, if your would consider that action then it's an easy way of getting loads of actions hours...

Guest AmeHoshi
wow your school is the opposite of mine :P all the students in my class had problems with services and we were done with actions ages in advance.

My CAS coordinator gave us action hours for going to the gym, if your would consider that action then it's an easy way of getting loads of actions hours...

Wow, really? O: Haha, our CAS coordinator implemented a new system in which we have to get the activity approved by him before starting on it. He asks all sorts of questions and then calls the supervisor to make sure you're not lying or anything... Finding service activities are pretty easy, since volunteering at the hospital or library works. But action... :lol:

Wow, really? O: Haha, our CAS coordinator implemented a new system in which we have to get the activity approved by him before starting on it. He asks all sorts of questions and then calls the supervisor to make sure you're not lying or anything... Finding service activities are pretty easy, since volunteering at the hospital or library works. But action... :lol:

wow! I don't get why all your CAS coordinators are so insane about your activities! mine was pretty laid back, and she supervsed most of the activities anyway :D so that might be it hehe.

and we don't have much volunteering stuff in Jordan... I got mine done by begging for an internship at this Uni counseling office! my friends ended up going and picking up garbage on activity days to fill in theirs :P

Well we had 2 CAS co-ordinators, 1 for IB1 and 1 for IB2. The IB1 was pretty laid back and she accepted pretty much anything but the one we had in IB2 was little more tight about what could be counted. But my school's pretty good in that they created a fixed activity to help us fill our Service hours so we didn't have to worry abou that, and then it's a pretty small school so everyone either is in a sports team or join some action-ish kind of activity after school. CAS is an easy thing in IB anyway. When finding yourself in trouble...the golden rule is...erm...make it up. :P:lol:

Im doing fairly well on my hours.

Im pretty much set in terms of Action and Service hours with at least 30 active hours this year and at least 60 more next year. As well as obtaining over 70 Service/Creativity hours this summer volunteering at UBC

However, Im worried about getting those creativity hours..I cant exactly find anything that will help me get those hours..

Even so, I think Ill be able to handle the rest of my hours by the time I need to write my CAS essay.