May 2008: How far behind are you on your CAS Hours?

Abu

baaaaah!!!! i HATE CAS!!!! i find it pointless, although unies like to see social active applicants...

im certificate and i have a total of around 150 hrs though im still missing round 12 creativity and a few service, got round 70 action so thats why i exceeded the 120 hrs limit for certificate fellas...

• 2 weeks later...
wow your school is the opposite of mine <_< all the students in my class had problems with services and we were done with actions ages in advance.

My CAS coordinator gave us action hours for going to the gym, if your would consider that action then it's an easy way of getting loads of actions hours...

Same in our school, getting service hours are really hard but activity and creativity are really easy. I am nearly done with action and creativity but I still need like 30 more hours for service (I have loads of time :D )

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest quisquis

Hm, I am certainly finished as well...I don't even know when I was done with it, I was too lazy to count the hours after I surely had 150. (This is not bragging, it was just fairly easy for me, as many activities I did anyway were counted as well)

Our CAS coordinator is fairly lenient. While she wants to preapprove each project, I doubt whether she has every rejected one. OTOH, we also received quite detailed guidelines on what to do and what not, so people already knew what they should submit and which ideas they should forget quickly...

• 1 month later...

Hm our school for some reason changed the policy saying the hours dont count anymore, but the quality of the CAS proejct you are doing..

So, all the hours in the junior year still do count, but from now on we have to do something that actually impresses the teachers, showing that CAS is not just something that you fill hours...