Languages

Tori tsax

It doesn't have to necessarily be about IB, but what/how many languages are you taking or learning? Anyone interested in E-pals?

I'd be happy to be an E-pal for anyone in Spanish or German.

I've been taking German for 3 years, but I am very advanced because I spent an entire summer with a tutor who taught me college level German, so if anyone would like help, I'm here, and I'd love to have an E-pal who speaks German on a regular basis. I'm also taking Spanish 1 (instead of SL Psychology), so I'm not that great yet, but I learn very fast. I also tried to teach myself French during the summer but once school started I ran out of spare time.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm English, in a purely English-speaking household, but I've been in French immersion for eleven years now; since coming into IB French, I feel like I've definitely improved quite a bit, if I do say so myself. My vocabulary is limited, though, unfortunately. I've always wanted to learn Spanish--I love languages, as they're such a big deal, and communication issues arise that just drive me nuts (I think that pet peeve is derived from my having a cleft palette, which affected my speech when I was younger)--but I have absolutely no basis in the language. Wanna teach me some basics? I'd be happy to help in French (you should note, I don't think I'd be a very good teacher). :P

It doesn't have to necessarily be about IB, but what/how many languages are you taking or learning? Anyone interested in E-pals?

I've been taking German for 3 years, but I am very advanced because I spent an entire summer with a tutor who taught me college level German, so if anyone would like help, I'm here, and I'd love to have an E-pal who speaks German on a regular basis. I'm also taking Spanish 1 (instead of SL Psychology), so I'm not that great yet, but I learn very fast. I also tried to teach myself French during the summer but once school started I ran out of spare time.

Hey! My native language is english and I currently live in Australia since 2007, although I lived in Florida, USA for all my childhood years. I took IB Spanish B at Higher Level and got a 6. I can be your E-pal in spanish, as I took 2 years of Middle School Spanish in the U.S. In Australia, I took another two years of regular spanish plus two years of IB Spanish. So, e-mail me if you want me to be your E-Pal. Adios!! :)

• 4 weeks later...

English & French currently studying them in the IB ^^;

English is my first language, I also know Arabic, French, Dutch (fluently.. ish)..

your Dutch really isn't that great sweetie :P or at least that's what you claim all the time XD

As for myself: Dutch and English studying in the IB.

Latvian is my first language and English is almost like a first language as well :) My Dutch is quite good. been doing it for 2 and a half years now. Also a little bit of Russian and French :P

Hey i would love to get help for my German.(ab initio).I dont know a single word cause my term havent started yet but looking forward to get familiar with it.Can you help me in any way?

I know Polish (obviously, it's my mother tongue) and English (I've been studying it for about 10 years now). I did 3 years of Spanish but I suck at it (extremely bad teachers) and I took up French last September and I absolutely love it. And I'm also planning on taking up Arabic if I find free time.

Guest Pingg

Bulgarian was my first language and then English. But my Bulgarian is becoming a little rusty for various reasons.

I'm taking SL French and I'm going to test in it this year. I wouldn't mind conversing in French with anyone.

If anyone knows Farsi and wants to help me out, they should let me know what are some good resources to learn it. My whole dad's family speaks Farsi, but they live far away and my dad is not home often either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...