What do you do to get motivated?

Harmonicgirl

• 2 months later...
Guest saturday

Not much usually... I made a bet for a 7 in English A1 HL though... Which is pretty motivating. I like English though, so I guess it's kind of a "I like this , so therefore I will make an effort."

Mostly I just motivate myself before exams so I don't fail them completely...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I admit I am less motivated with the year at an end, but in general a few things:

- A goal

- I am very competitive

- Wanting to make my parents proud, they work so hard.

- I can't take the feeling afterwards where I mess up, and I KNOW I could have done better.

Good luck. Just sit down and DO IT!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

How I deal with procrastination? I do not.

We have all read beautiful words in the IBO guides, which can all be summed up as idealistic blah blah. I am an extremely lazy person, and no matter what is the deadline, I'll always have it done the day before, ech. Perhaps, this is the reason for my grades being so crappy.

My IA History first draft deadline is in two days, so is the CAS Diary (of course I haven't been writing that regularly, why should I - not to mention it's all fake). Then I had to hand in two lab reports for my physics teacher, I haven't done so either. Oh, well.

The end of the year ceremony is in 10 days. Guess I'll have to make it till then. Unless the CAS co-ordinator (also known as devil) finds out all my CAS is neatly improvised bull****. Then IB damned.

Whoever reading it now's got a pile of homework or uneasy conscience about their CAS - ya better get to it, pal. But heck, how does it help. I've got my CAS Diary Word file opened in front of me and can't even get my butt up to write it.

Sorry for eventual language mistakes, I've also procrastinated on studying for the majority of exams in English.

How I deal with procrastination? I do not.

We have all read beautiful words in the IBO guides, which can all be summed up as idealistic blah blah. I am an extremely lazy person, and no matter what is the deadline, I'll always have it done the day before, ech. Perhaps, this is the reason for my grades being so crappy.

My IA History first draft deadline is in two days, so is the CAS Diary (of course I haven't been writing that regularly, why should I - not to mention it's all fake). Then I had to hand in two lab reports for my physics teacher, I haven't done so either. Oh, well.

The end of the year ceremony is in 10 days. Guess I'll have to make it till then. Unless the CAS co-ordinator (also known as devil) finds out all my CAS is neatly improvised bull****. Then IB damned.

Whoever reading it now's got a pile of homework or uneasy conscience about their CAS - ya better get to it, pal. But heck, how does it help. I've got my CAS Diary Word file opened in front of me and can't even get my butt up to write it.

Sorry for eventual language mistakes, I've also procrastinated on studying for the majority of exams in English.

Im sort of the same way, except when i really try not to procrastinate i don't. It usually requires some outside force though like parents or friends or some really big goal or reward.

When I have problems to get started, I usually get uneasy. Especially after a few months of procrastination. When this happens, I make myself a cup of coffee and get to work. Uneasiness is a pretty good motivator. :P

Usually I don't have problems to get started, because I like the things i do. But of course there is those stupid little task and damn essays and written responses and etc etc etc. Cup of a fine Brazilian coffee always helps. Especially when you've procrastinated the whole day and finally start working when bats fly out from their caves. :D:(

• 1 year later...

People find being friendly competition really helps them get motivated, everyone wants to do better and this ambition drives them to do better. Otherwise, thinking of success at the end can also help as the process to get there is through hard work and efficient effort. Just remember: It'll be worth it in the end! :)

I told my friend i'm getting a 7 in HL english

I told my German teacher i'm not letting German lower my grade by more than 2 points

I told my philosophy teacher i'm entering a philosophy competition

I told my friend in physics i won't let this horrible teacher bring my grade down

I told myself i'll rule the world when i've finished XD