What do you do to get motivated?

Harmonicgirl

To be honest, my motivation simply comes from liking to learn, this may seem geeky but I think were all geeks. Furthermore, anyone can love learning for the sake of, if they rationalize themselves into that mindset. Also, I keep myself out of depression by participating in martial arts, namely Kung Fu. This also gives me some action hours which further boosts my morale.

For me, it's all a mindset, if I make myself believe something is true, it is... :P

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

if i get good grades, that means i get to chose where we go during the summer (hinthinteurope:D)

so whenever i feel unmotavated i think that if i don't give my 100% i might end up going to vancouver or new york or halifax, etc this summer intead of somehwere that i actaully want to spend my summer in. and it works too ;)

Guest dragonb111
I can get pretty motivated if I think the following way:

"If I get done with this tonight, I'll be able to go shopping (or go to a party, etc) this weekend. If I don't finish, I can't have as much fun"

Then I get done.

I know what you mean...it doesn't work for me though because when I reach the I'll be able to have fun part, I forget my homework and go directly to playing...it's getting on my nerves though, I'm not getting anything done at all...

I don't know, I procrastinate a lot. I'm mostly thinking "holy cow this is due tomorrow and I haven't even started!"

Good times. That happens, too.

Sometimes it's not till about 10pm that I start getting "motivated" aka either I do this or... well, I gotta do it.

• 1 month later...

Okay, I have a story which I will try to keep small. Basically, my mom is Spanish and my dad is Indian and I was born in this lovely place called Girona (near Barcelona) and was brought up there. I only came during my summer vacations to Kashmir, and I loved that place. I also enjoyed a lot being in Girona, I had my set of friends, a really good environment. But then, when I had to choose what I wanted to do after completing 4 ESO (that's the spanish system, which would be like the year before IB) and then I knew IB was good, and I am a really internationaly oriented person, so the name appealed to me, the programme also seemed to be impressive. But in Spain, they combine it with the Spanish system, and where I lived, there was just one school offering it, and that too with a really narrow subject choice. So I did my research and decided to come to India on my own, leave everything behind, go out there and do the IB in India. I really wanted to go to Mumbai, but then, my parents didn't let me because it was too far away from Kashmir, so I have ended up in the British School of New Delhi, which is a really nice school with extremely nice people and everything is perfect and blah blah blah.

Basically, my motivation for working hard is the fact that I know that I chose coming here and that I do what I wanted to do. Since I am in IB1, I don't feel any stress at the moment, but who knows, I may end up regretting it. But knowing how stubborn I am, I know that I will love the experience no matter what.

• 2 months later...

This might seem mean...

When I am doing work on Friday night, I think about all the non-IB people who are out partying, and instead of crying I laugh, because one day, they'll wake up and realize that it would have been better to stay home and study, but it will be too late and they'll have no options in life but to sweep the floors of the mall's bathroom.

oh, and I also imagine myself being their boss.

(maybe I have domination issues, but it motivates me)

Seeing a great mark on a test in which you strived hard to obtain

Amen. Looking back on the instances where I got awesome marks after studying really hard or preparing a lot for an assessment can really get me motivated... or simply fear of letting my grade slip. That really gets me motivated... though I can't say fear is the best motivation...

To get motivated I watch my favorite movie which is Billy Elliot, if he could become a ballet dancer, why the heck can't I pass IB??? The motivation of watching it lasts for about a week. However, when it is gone I go all hyperactive and psycho and end up doing nothing haha :S .

• 2 weeks later...