1. 1. Maths SL Paper 1 May 2010

• Easy stuff
    • I screwed up
    • So damn hard!
    • I found out I did a few things wrong and I'm mad :@
  2. 2. Maths exam in general

• I want lower boundaries!
    • I want lower boundaries!

Does anyone remember the Venn diagram/probability question from TZ1? I'm totally blanking out on it, but I remember that the 3rd or 4th part was ridiculous. It just had events A and B and labeled p and q or something like that.

Yes, I disliked that question! I saved it till last, after I had finished Section B and could have some time to think about it. I found the first couple and last parts rather basic, but the major part that stumped me was the P(A|B`) part. I think I put 0.2/0.3 = 2/3, which other members of my class also put.

That's also what I got, but I didn't know why. I didn't know how to find P(A and B'). And the labeling was a little nonsensical since they put A and B into the Venn Diagram in the same space as they put r. It could have been interpreted differently...

But other than that, I didn't really have a complaint for Paper 1. I don't think I got the rest right, but it was nice. Except for the quadrilateral with law of sines and cosines... maybe that wasn't paper one.. I can't remember anymore. I just remember I was trying to solve for theta and I blanked out so I assumed some value to solve for the rest of it, and then I figured out how to get a theta, but it was too late to rework the other parts.

the probability that he misses the bus was 1/3 I think.. 1/3 * 1/3 equals 1/9 so I don't think they made a mistake..

Are you sure? I seem to remember that it was 2/3 he would miss it, and one third he would catch it...

Anyway, in the end I gave up, and just put

0 3 6

1/9 4/9 4/9

I thin kthat's correct and I don't think they did a mistake.

Did anyone understand the very last questions? Find the 2 values of p? I only got one value, pi/2.