2009 External Examination Schedule

Abu

yeah the history and math HL thing is sort of killing me....unearthing a whole year of history that I did last year in one day (although I've been constantly reading notes since last week) is not the best way to go. On the other hand I don't think the Math/Chem HL combo will kill me that much. I'm more worried about Math paper 3 (stupid group theory....)

Oh, have they scheduled the exams for May 09 already? GOSH. That makes me feel stressed..

But on the other hand, I like to have things under control. It's great to know how to plan one's study time. He he. Why is it that none of the students at our school ever finish more than 1 or 2 days before the last day? Crap. I have at least one exam paper every day during the first week and then almost a whole free week before the B&M during the very last days.. damn B&M. I've always felt like B&M would screw it up for me some day.. However B&M is my worst subject, so I guess it's good for me to have a lot of time to study for those papers..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2008 May & November Exam Schedule

M08Exams.pdf

I finish on the 21st, but the first week's pretty intense. One of my friends finishes on the 13th. Now that's ****. He finishes most of his exams in the first week. I actually envy him, I'd love that timetable.

2009 May & November Exam Schedule

May_2009_Exam_Schedule.pdf

oh wow it's already out?!?

is it 100% accurate?

i can't see it 'cause i'm not VIP...

but this is surprising....

and nerve racking...

*bites nails*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does anyone know about breaks between tests and so on? On friday the 22nd, I have Phil HL p2 and p3, and also Psych HL p2 and p3, in 5.5 hours, if added... This means that I can have breaks on 30 minutes added, which seems... a little... little. 4 papers in one morning, I mean, seriously?

Frei: It looks like you have a clash.

For that day, it would be:

Business & management HL paper 2 at the same time as Business & management SL paper 2 at the same time as Philosophy HL paper 2 at the same time as Philosophy SL paper 2 at the same time as Psychology HL paper 2 at the same time as Psychology SL paper 2

Then a break

Then

Philosophy HL paper 3 at the same time as Psychology HL paper 3

You cannot have 4 papers in 1 morning, there isn't enough hours. All morning exams are supposed to end before 13:00 local time and you're supposed to have at least 10 minutes break. Also allowance have to be made for reading time, changeover etc. They don't start a subject's exam in the middle of the morning, they have to start it at the beginning. So if you start exams at 8am for example, then the subjects scheduled for that morning have to start the first paper at am, followed by the next paper of the same subject. So they can't start Phil at 8, finish at 10:30, then start Psych. Phil and Psych are supposed to run along side each other.

Otherwise, say you start at 8 again.

You'll have to start reading Phil P2 at 7:50

Start Phil P2 at 8:00

Finish Phil P2 at 9:00

10 minutes break (at the very least)

Start reading Phil P3 at 9:15 (5 minutes at least for settling down, reading of the notice to candidate)

Start Phil P3 at 9:25

Finish Phil P3 at 10:55

10 minutes break

Start reading Psych P2 at 11:10

Start Psych P2 at 11:20

Finish Pysch P2 at 13:20 --> not possible and you still have another paper. Even if you start at 7:00 it's not possible to finish by 13:00. You can't start earlier than 7:00

I'm pretty sure you have a clash. Check with IBC.

(Yes, it's stupid. They schedule subjects at the same time. With languages they can lump it into 1 morning as if you take French B you can't take Ab as well, but for humanities subject it's just weird...but I guess that's because they don't have enough day. And there's never afternoon exam on the last friday. People have had clashes before. My friend had a clash with Math and ITGS. What they did at my school was get her to take Math in the morning with everyone, then since she was the only one taking ITGS, she took ITGS in the afternoon, despite it being schedule in the morning. But that also means she has to be in constant supervision between her 2 exams to stop her contacting anyone who might have taken the ITGS exam already. And I really mean constant supervision ...)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...