The 'Something I always wanted to know the answer to' thread

Vvi

The Asian girls in my area seem to consider Korean guys really hot. I think I may be starting to agree, but it may only be because now I look for that aspect whenever I look at Korean guys because I've heard other girls say/imply it. Do other people think so too? I think it also has to do with the fact that South Korea is kind of like Asia's Hollywood nowadays.

Are bike gears made to slip off?

You too? It's happened to my bike a few times too...luckily it hasn't during mid-destination, especially when I'm running late - usually when I just start setting off. Thank goodness for those strokes of luck.

The Asian girls in my area seem to consider Korean guys really hot. I think I may be starting to agree, but it may only be because now I look for that aspect whenever I look at Korean guys because I've heard other girls say/imply it. Do other people think so too? I think it also has to do with the fact that South Korea is kind of like Asia's Hollywood nowadays.

Trust me, Korean guys who look good are usually spoilt / perverted / stuck-up / selfish / petty / weak / too dependent / heartless people.

Of course, I'm not one to judge, but that's just my general opinion of the "hot" Korean guys I know. Seriously people. Stop being so superficial.

And is it just me, or are many guys (whether Asian or not) exactly like that too nowadays?

That's my question.

And I apologize if I offended any Koreans with my negative yet entirely true observation. :)

Trust me, Korean guys who look good are usually spoilt / perverted / stuck-up / selfish / petty / weak / too dependent / heartless people.

Of course, I'm not one to judge, but that's just my general opinion of the "hot" Korean guys I know. Seriously people. Stop being so superficial.

And is it just me, or are many guys (whether Asian or not) exactly like that too nowadays?

That's my question.

And I apologize if I offended any Koreans with my negative yet entirely true observation. :)

I personally don't know any hot Korean guys, I can only tell through pictures; so really, I can't tell how good/bad their personality is. Girls aren't usually very serious when the fangirl over Korean celebrities or anything. I think they just do it for fun; in reality, of course most people realize that personality trumps looks. So no, I wouldn't call anyone superficial. As for your question, hmmm....all of my guy friends are nice people. But then again, I'm biased because they are my friends, after all :).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

dont know any Koreans, but benefit of doubt, most of the time. Anyone can be like that.

Okay my question:

Why is procrastinating so very appealing????

Haha, I'll reply from personal experience: general laziness, unattractiveness of impending work, i'd rather play than do my homework. Although I am fully aware of the consequences :P

Why do people hate Math really much??

Btw I am in need of a Mathematical question for my EE ;) so if you have a question you always wanted to know the answer to, please post your question here..especially ones that are mathematics-based. for example in shoe manufacture, how long shall the shoelace be? or something like that, related to something in daily life. Thank you.

Some people tend to hate math for reasons such as:

1. It requires some deep thinking, as opposed to other subjects, like history or english for example.

2. (Because of this) they might not be 'good at it'...

3. It might look unattractive (with all the symbol and equations they're not used to, as opposed to words and pictures)

Well, those are some of the reasons off the top of my head. But exclude me from that group because I adore mathematics. ;)

Thank you for answering, ohok..

Another random question.

My Math class is a class of 4 students. I am the only girl in that class -- the rest are 3 boys.

and I swear, so often after our class finishes, they say that their butts are wet and so their trousers are 8-) when one of them says that, the rest agree with him :yes:

so I wonder why guys' butts get wet so easily. sorry for talking about butts but yeah.. I guess that's because they play sports just before the Math class or maybe because we sit in class for 1hr10m..? but the room has got an AC and it's never hot :)

Thank you for answering, ohok..

Another random question.

My Math class is a class of 4 students. I am the only girl in that class -- the rest are 3 boys.

and I swear, so often after our class finishes, they say that their butts are wet and so their trousers are 8-) when one of them says that, the rest agree with him :yes:

so I wonder why guys' butts get wet so easily. sorry for talking about butts but yeah.. I guess that's because they play sports just before the Math class or maybe because we sit in class for 1hr10m..? but the room has got an AC and it's never hot :)

LOL what the hell. Um, not all guy's butts get wet I guess? But I think its because of the heat generated from the friction of the butt on the chair for such a long time, reinforced by the fact that they played sport, further reinforced by the fact that no cold air actually reaches the space in between the butt and the chair. haha!

Btw, don't feel bad about that class, our IB class is made up of 7 boys and only one girl. So you can just imagine her situation :) but she doesn't mind...most of the time.

Why do they create an alternative subject called TOK that is supposed to broaden our minds and question the very essence of all weve been taught in our lives, but then they tell us these are the ways in which you are allowed to question it?

Such a contradiction, and evidence that TOK is in fact just another school subject.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If someone with a photographic memory looks at one section of a page from a book and then looks away and tries to remember the page, will they be able to see the part of the page they didn't look at?

yes they would, the thing about photographic memory is that when you focus on the middle of the page, then you still have your eyes can still visualize the around that point. as long as it's on the same page and within sight.

hmmmmm. let me explain if you look at your keyboard, at the letters G and H in the middle, you can still see he enter, spacebar, capslock, and the numbers and everything between. for people with photographic memory it's easy for them to capture that image as a whole. just like a picture, so everything she glimpsed id remembered

how do you not fail life?

make your mark in life, or on someone else's .. as to say; do something with your life, try as hard as you can, and never give up. your name might not be written as n history, but to sm1 you'll matter.

for example, my uncle is a dentist, but he's my hero. he saved me, and raised me. he did something and learned things, and taught them to me.

have fun in life, make something out of it.

failing in life means that you are just a person taking up space in this world, not doing anything for YOU benefit or for OTHERS :)

If someone with a photographic memory looks at one section of a page from a book and then looks away and tries to remember the page, will they be able to see the part of the page they didn't look at?

From personal experience, no. I'd see a blank spot and remember that I didn't look at it because it's blank. Either that or I'll automatically fill in the spot with what I think I saw with peripheral vision. This happens a lot when I'm reading textbooks since there are always diagrams and stuff out to the side. I'll just see the picture slightly while reading the text and then when a question comes up the picture will relate to the question but not answer it (because I didn't look at it there are no details, just a general idea of what it is) and then all the text will come flooding through. Hope that made sense...

When you think do you think in your native tongue? Like hear yourself talking in your head basically? And if you were deaf from birth and therefore have never heard any language spoken what is it that they think with?