Meditation, where does it go - Creativity, Action, or Service?

Which area of CAS, suits meditation best?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Meditation comes back under..

• Creativity
    • Action
    • Service

Which area of CAS, does meditation (specifically speaking, Vipassana) fall in?

Action - Sitting continuous for hours in the same postition, without any movement of hands or legs.

Creativity - Learning new things from experience of Awareness, and slow mental transformation

Service - serving the soul and not getting any material return in turn.

Meditation is used in yoga, which can count as creativity. You can always put a spin on things to make the "CASy". Come up with ways like you did above, where you say how it develops your creativity and mental state. If your teacher doesn't accept it, add real yoga to your meditation (like yoga moves) and then use it for Action. Show him/her what you do if they're really fussy.

I'd say it counts for nothing.

hahaha! Just thought I'd acknolwedge your humor as everyone else just ignored it :S

you need someone to prove you're doing it! this is quite contraversial! we used to meditate in our "creative thinking" class which counted as creativity, put it under another category and count it as creativity/action it's deffo not a service as you're not helping anyone but yourself

hahaha! Just thought I'd acknolwedge your humor as everyone else just ignored it :D

you need someone to prove you're doing it! this is quite contraversial! we used to meditate in our "creative thinking" class which counted as creativity, put it under another category and count it as creativity/action it's deffo not a service as you're not helping anyone but yourself

I think he was serious.

I don't really think meditation would count for anything.

If this counts, I'd say it would fall under action.

Nope.

Not really.

Our school says that it is not actions unless you're actually sweating from the expirience.

& I do not think that meditation would make you sweat XD

I don't know if other schools reinforce that as well or not.

Thanks for replies everyone.

Now here are my thoughts:

I cannot link it to yoga, as meditation and yoga are very different from each other, both in techniques and in the effects on the body & mind.

Perhaps, the part when i went to learn the technique at lonely isolated Buddhist mountains (for 10 days away from life), i could include the time period as part of creativity.

After learning, came regular practicing in daily life, this is the part where i am unsure about the fact that which area of CAS does it actually belong.

depending on how you write it up, it could count on creativity or action. all you have to do is use the right words and emphasize the most creative and active parts of it.

my school lets us write up the same activity in multiple sections, but i'm not sure how yours does it.

my teacher also says that if you can do better at the action when you're drunk, then it doesn't count. i've never meditated or gotten drunk, so i wouldn't know whether you could count it. but i doubt it, because he even refused to approve bowling.

• 2 weeks later...