General May 2009 Exam Discussion - Preparation ONLY - No exam paper discussion

Sandwich

Ask for an exam ban from IBS - seriously. We can and will ban people on request if they want to get off IBS to study for exams. Just contact an admin

Deactivate facebook

Unistall MSN/other messengers

Disconnect internet

You can actually do that? Can you simply ask "please ban me for two weeks, since I need to work on my EE"?

You can actually do that? Can you simply ask "please ban me for two weeks, since I need to work on my EE"?

Yes, I asked to be banned when I was working on my WL and Economics commentaries. Send a PM to one of the admins to request to be banned and also ask for their email so that you can email them when you want to be unbanned. Unelss you want to be permanently banned :)

Edited by Vvi

How beneficial are revision guides for IB subjects? I have three revision guides published by Oxford Study Courses, but I was thinking of getting the ones published by Oxford as well. However, I also noticed that for Biology, there is a study guide as well as a course companion. What is the difference? Which one is better? I've also heard that some stuff in the biology study guide is not needed to know as it isnt in the syllabus.

So any experiences with revision guides with biology SL, economics HL and math SL?

AHHHHHHH!!!!!111!!!!

I'm sort-of there, sort-of really not! I also have Bio & Maths together... and even worse, Spanish 1&2 and HL Chem 1&2 all on the same day :) 6.5 hours of examinations :wtf:

I've not touched anything which isn't in week 1 yet, but I'm sort-of trying to. So much in so little time! D8

i think im ready for French B HL, Jap ab because i studied.

but im so worried about English Ab.

I guess in order to do well with exams especially when they're coming up real soon

is to stay focus and study what you've learnt.

Another key point is to always have a positive attitude towards it

like "I can do this!!" or "I'm gonna get a 5 or above!"

I think it helps, cos if you think you're gonna fail...then you'll do bad.

Just keep believing in yourself and capabilities! :S

i think im ready for French B HL, Jap ab because i studied.

but im so worried about English Ab.

I guess in order to do well with exams especially when they're coming up real soon

is to stay focus and study what you've learnt.

Another key point is to always have a positive attitude towards it

like "I can do this!!" or "I'm gonna get a 5 or above!"

I think it helps, cos if you think you're gonna fail...then you'll do bad.

Just keep believing in yourself and capabilities! :S

I understood everything you typed and you seem fluent enough, so you'll be fine for English Ab. :)

My chemisrty teacher never really taught us anything, so I'm worried about that....

Other than that, I'm actually sort of excited to take these exams (you know, just to get them over with)

Yay! Go exams! :S

Well... maybe not that excited...

Good luck everyone!

I'm worried about History, because knowing 4 dictators and half the Cold War is a bit too much. I'm hoping there's at least 2 questions on the origins of the Cold War/Germany's role in it. Because my teacher never taught us the War past 1970, and I don't have enough detail to answer questions on Vietnam (maybe Cuba if every other question sucks).

And Economics...why does there have to be 3 papers? It's not like Biology, where one is multiple choice, one core knowledge and one options. There are no options in Economics, and the IB is just cruel.

And why is the time allocated for the History exams so short?! 1 hour is NOT enough for Paper 1, and 1 and 1/2 hours isn't enough for Paper 2. How about giving us 2 hours like they do for English exams, huh?

My chemisrty teacher never really taught us anything, so I'm worried about that....

Other than that, I'm actually sort of excited to take these exams (you know, just to get them over with)

Yay! Go exams! :S

Well... maybe not that excited...

Good luck everyone!

If you were excited about taking the actual exams, I'd have to say you were mental :)

Excited for finishing high school and never seeing IB again after July 6th, I'm fine with.

HI GUYS! EXAM IS TOMORROW GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

and i should start studying......NOW (omg I'm so fail!)

yay for procrastination >__>

and ya I need the luck :)

I'm really scared for Chem Paper 3... All the options except environmental seems hard @___@

Edited by milkberry

HI GUYS! EXAM IS TOMORROW GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!

and i should start studying......NOW (omg I'm so fail!)

yay for procrastination >__>

and ya I need the luck :)

I'm really scared for Chem Paper 3... All the options except environmental seems hard @___@

Drugs & Medicine was as easy as Environmental Chemistry for me.