5 minutes ago, Blue93 said:

I was also put on the first quarter waiting list but it was for Colonel By. I'm replying because I think they give the emails near the same time. I got an email on monday that I was accepted but I know others that got them after as well (Tuesday). I don't know anyone that got it after wednesday but I still think it is possible.

Best of luck

do you know what the due date was for accepting it if they got accepted first round?

7 minutes ago, b4w3ja said:

do you know what the due date was for accepting it if they got accepted first round?

Im not sure if i understood the question correctly but if you were asking what the latest day for accepting the offer of admission was if they got accepted after waitlist, the email I got was March 13 (to notify the school, pay and send some stuff) but there were also other deadlines for (course selection, registration to  ocdsb)

Edited by Blue93

9 minutes ago, Blue93 said:

Im not sure if i understood the question correctly but if you were asking what the latest day for accepting the offer of admission was if they got accepted after waitlist, the email I got was March 13 (to notify the school, pay and send some stuff) but there were also other deadlines for (course selection, registration to  ocdsb)

i mean like if you got in without getting on the waiting list

Just now, Blue93 said:

Oh i think my friend said the 7th

oh okay thank you, merivale was the 8th. so thats a difference. i dont know anyone from quarter 1 who got in to merivale yet. its either only a couple people have gotten in or they havent sent it out yet.

9 minutes ago, Blue93 said:

Oh i think my friend said the 7th, but take it with a grain of salt cause I'm not too sure

i do not think it was the 7th, considering you got your offer on the 6th. my thinking states that they would collect everybody's rejections first and send them out over a span of days. actually, reading your other replies again makes me think that they sent them out the same day they had space, since it was over a span of 2-3 days.

Edited by b4w3ja

7 minutes ago, b4w3ja said:

i do not think it was the 7th, considering you got your offer on the 6th. my thinking states that they would collect everybody's rejections first and send them out over a span of days. actually, reading your other replies again makes me think that they sent them out the same day they had space, since it was over a span of 2-3 days.

No i mean the 7th to notfiy the school, pay etc

17 hours ago, Blue93 said:

what did the waiting list email say? did it specify a specific week that the result would come?

On 3/15/2023 at 9:45 AM, kumon said:

Okay! Thanks for letting me know. Ideally, we should get our results between next Monday and Wednesday.

Good luck!

did merivale send you anything yet? they haven't said anything to me yet..

Edited by b4w3ja

3 hours ago, b4w3ja said:

did merivale send you anything yet? they haven't said anything to me yet..

Hello! Unfortunately, Merivale also hasn't sent me anything yet. I think my theory might be wrong, but keep waiting because I think we still will get accepted. Don't give up just yet.

On 3/21/2023 at 7:06 PM, kumon said:

Hello! Unfortunately, Merivale also hasn't sent me anything yet. I think my theory might be wrong, but keep waiting because I think we still will get accepted. Don't give up just yet.

do you think they sent it out already but this year was one of the years where barely anyone got in first quarter?

47 minutes ago, b4w3ja said:

do you think they sent it out already but this year was one of the years where barely anyone got in first quarter?

Hi. I am on the waiting list for IB at Meriale. I am in the quarter 1. I am wondering when the results will come. My friends at school were talking about this forum (congrats you're famous lol). I think my application was pretty good.

Hey everyone reading this forum. My parents emailed Merivale's principal and this is what we got back:

Good morning,

At this time, I have no update to provide. Please note that applicants are contacted should a space become available up to June, 2023. 
In the interim, students are advised to be registered at their home school.

I'm not sure what that means in the sense that they didn't send the second round of admissions out yet due to some delay or they didn't send them out because there are no spots available.

Edited by b4w3ja

6 hours ago, b4w3ja said:

Hey everyone reading this forum. My parents emailed Merivale's principal and this is what we got back:

Good morning,

At this time, I have no update to provide. Please note that applicants are contacted should a space become available up to June, 2023. 
In the interim, students are advised to be registered at their home school.

I'm not sure what that means in the sense that they didn't send the second round of admissions out yet due to some delay or they didn't send them out because there are no spots available.

I believe the second round of admissions were given out last week or so. There are a few people who I know made it from the second round.