• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2022 at 3:58 PM, ensurelikely said:

yeah it was. i’m not really sure what it does but it’s free so claim it i guess

Hey! The OCDSB website just updated recently. I was wondering if you did the same things last year. Please see attached screenshot. 132993427_ScreenShot2022-10-07at10_01_42AM.thumb.png.185fc34112cd66823ff3fb04987629f1.png

• 3 months later...
On 8/12/2022 at 3:32 PM, ensurelikely said:

Thats okay! For writing there's not much I did to prepare. Get friends and family to read your questionnaire and perfect it to the best you can. Same for the story. As it's a max of 500 words, you can't really develop a plot, so I suggest focusing on one specific scene. But it's your story so you do you. 

What if you wrote a story over 500 words? Would you be disqualified?

13 hours ago, ensurelikely said:

No, but depends how much over. I think anything over 50 words over they just wouldn't read the rest. If your story is still really good they could totally still accept you.

Oh hey! long time no see lol. I submitted my questionnaire and essay last month. I have the math quiz on the 28th. Can you describe a bit more about what it was like. I remember you said there were lots of geometry questions.

On 1/7/2023 at 7:50 PM, ensurelikely said:

No, but depends how much over. I think anything over 50 words over they just wouldn't read the rest. If your story is still really good they could totally still accept you.

I also have my math test on the 28th for Merivale, just like the other guy. Can you please describe the test for the both of us? Like the types of questions.

On 1/12/2023 at 7:54 PM, kumon said:

I also have my math test on the 28th for Merivale, just like the other guy. Can you please describe the test for the both of us? Like the types of questions.

I also have my test on the 28th. Do you remember what type of questins were there? was it like Pascal

Edited by Flower342

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2023 at 7:50 PM, ensurelikely said:

Welp.. I got put on the 1st quarter waiting list.. do I still have a chance??

On 2/24/2023 at 7:41 PM, ensurelikely said:

Yep! Last year the two people in my class who made firsrt quarter both made it. Good luck!

oh, thank you for clarifying.. is it just 2 people or are there more that you don't know?

Edited by b4w3ja

On 1/20/2023 at 7:22 PM, Flower342 said:

I also have my test on the 28th. Do you remember what type of questions were there? like was it more pascal or aptitude reasoning thinking?

because I know that the test is 40 questions

did you get in or are you on the waitlist like me?

3 hours ago, b4w3ja said:

if you don't mind, could you please ask them when they got their offers of admission?

Last year I made it in. The two people got their offers a week or two later I believe. I haven't asked that many people if they made it directly but I do know some people last year who made it and didn't accept. I'd say at least half the people in first quarter make it.

22 hours ago, ensurelikely said:

Last year I made it in. The two people got their offers a week or two later I believe. I haven't asked that many people if they made it directly but I do know some people last year who made it and didn't accept. I'd say at least half the people in first quarter make it.

alright thank you so much man, hopefully ill make it in! 

Edited by b4w3ja

well.. today was the last day to the week of march 6th (as per what the email said). didn't get the email yet.. just to make sure, do you know anybody who got in first quarter today

On 2/26/2023 at 6:15 PM, ensurelikely said:

41 minutes ago, b4w3ja said:

well.. today was the last day to the week of march 6th (as per what the email said). didn't get the email yet.. just to make sure, do you know anybody who got in first quarter today

I was also put on the first quarter waiting list but it was for Colonel By. I'm replying because I think they give the emails near the same time. I got an email on monday that I was accepted but I know others that got them after as well (Tuesday). I don't know anyone that got it after wednesday but I still think it is possible.

Best of luck

4 minutes ago, Blue93 said:

I was also put on the first quarter waiting list but it was for Colonel By. I'm replying because I think they give the emails near the same time. I got an email on monday that I was accepted but I know others that got them after as well (Tuesday). I don't know anyone that got it after wednesday but I still think it is possible.

Best of luck

thank you, but for merivale, if you got in the first round 2 weeks ago today, the due date for accepting it was this wednesday (march 8th) so i expected it to come today