On 3/27/2023 at 9:55 PM, ensurelikely said:

I believe the second round of admissions were given out last week or so. There are a few people who I know made it from the second round.

I just noticed this reply. Are you sure that was Merivale because I believe Colonel By sent them out around that time? I have a lot of friends who didn't get in and are on the waiting list still. But, I'd probably believe you if you were sure it was Merivale considering it would be absurd that they didn't send the results out nearly 2 months after the original.

7 hours ago, b4w3ja said:

I just noticed this reply. Are you sure that was Merivale because I believe Colonel By sent them out around that time? I have a lot of friends who didn't get in and are on the waiting list still. But, I'd probably believe you if you were sure it was Merivale considering it would be absurd that they didn't send the results out nearly 2 months after the original.

Yes it was merivale, I'm pretty sure they only have two rounds of admissions 

• 8 months later...

Hello, not to pry or anything, but I just applied for this year (I'm in 8th), and the math task is comign up on the 20th of Jan, and I mostly studied using the Gauss and just some advanced algebra/number/geometry worksheets, so I was wondering what a typical question would look like?

On 12/25/2023 at 11:06 AM, aryasv said:

Hello, not to pry or anything, but I just applied for this year (I'm in 8th), and the math task is comign up on the 20th of Jan, and I mostly studied using the Gauss and just some advanced algebra/number/geometry worksheets, so I was wondering what a typical question would look like?

Hi, I'm applying again to Merivale this year (For grade 10) and using the Math Kangaroo Contest (A&B) and Khan Academy to study for the test. Since you are in 8th grade, I also recommend Costco's Grade 8 Canadian Curriculum book. However, I wouldn't stress too much about the math section, as the questions are relatively easy and should look like what you are doing in school. Good luck!

Edited by b4w3ja

Posted (edited)
On 1/6/2024 at 3:25 AM, prxmiisee said:

how did you do on the test?

It was pretty easy, and I'm sure I made no mistakes. I most likely got waitlisted because of an error in my Google form submission. The test is like parts A and B of the Gauss 8 or part A and the easy questions of part B of the Pascal if you are applying to the OCDSB.

Edited by b4w3ja

Posted (edited)
On 1/3/2024 at 11:48 AM, 1ismali said:

I've applied for IB Grade 8, my assessment is also on January 20th. I'm wondering how the questions are like, and is the Math assessment multiple choice?

It's multiple choice, and the test is like parts A&B of the Gauss 8 or part A and the easy questions of part B of the Pascal. I believe we will get an email tomorrow regarding the assessment.

Edited by b4w3ja

1 hour ago, b4w3ja said:

It's multiple choice, and the test is like parts A&B of the Gauss 8 or part A and the easy questions of part B of the Pascal. I believe we will get an email tomorrow regarding the assessment.

Alright, thank you so much. Good luck for to you and to everyone who have applied :) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, 1ismali said:

pretty easy. Hey how's it going, just wondering when IB will start sending out offers and has anyone gotten an offer yet?

Hey, they sent it out a year ago today, last year, so I anticipate that it should be in your inbox next week. Even if you don't make it in the first round, they will still give you an email regarding the status of your application.

4 hours ago, 1ismali said:

I got waitlist today, does anyone know what it means? What are the chances of making it in now?

Hi! I didn't receive any update for my grade 10 application yet. However, I could tell you your chances of getting in if you tell me the waitlist quarter and the school that you applied to. 

4 hours ago, 1ismali said:

I got waitlist today, does anyone know what it means? What are the chances of making it in now?

Also, if you don't mind, I didn't get my grade 10 application update, so, would you mind telling me exactly what time the waitlist came out for you?

1 hour ago, b4w3ja said:

Also, if you don't mind, I didn't get my grade 10 application update, so, would you mind telling me exactly what time the waitlist came out for you?

hello, so I got in the first quarter and the waitlist came around 2:45-3:00 

10 hours ago, 1ismali said:

hello, so I got in the first quarter and the waitlist came around 2:45-3:00 

The same thing happened to me last year, and I didn't get in. If you apply to Colonel By, you have a higher chance of getting in from the waiting list, though nothing is certain. Honestly speaking, my regular high school seems sufficient enough for my plans. I applied to grade 10 this year, and I'm not sure when they're going to update us on that. I wouldn't be too worried if I were you. You can scroll up through the forum and look through page 3 of this forum, as I asked the same questions.