Ethnicity?

I was born in Sweden, and so were my parents, but my grandparents were of Latvian, Finnish, Italian and Jewish descent.

Jewish isn't a nationality/race in the same way that Islam or Christianity aren't races. You could be Israeli and Jewish, Spanish and Jewish, French and Jewish, Japanese and Jewish, etc.

Half British, Half Swedish by blood. Swedish and British passport. But lived virtually all my life in France and acquired french nationality. I have three mother tongues English Swedish and French and I was struggling to decide which one to study for A1. =)

Wow, I'm envious. If I were you, I would go against the norm and take Swedish/French. Although I love English, I feel like Swedish A1 would be the easier (well a lot less people take Swedish A1...), and French is more interesting (i think). Also, i take it you're doing the diploma/classes/exams in English, so taking Swedish/French at A1 would be quite impressive to uni's. Also, you COULD take a 7th subject...but you would need A LOT of ork for that :(

but uh. half Swedish/half Ethiopian (and then some other stuff from way back on the Swedish side :) ) but lived in the states most of my life. So Swedish/American nationality.

Edited by agirl

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrimsonLokki

All russian, 100% pure farming families from both sides, until I moved to Sweden and somehow they wrote "Swedish" in my passport. :)

russia-flag-waving-emoticon-animated.gif

I have people in my school that claim to have Irish blood (from like 6 generations back), which hardly counts. I'm sure eveyone's ancestors are mixed somehow, and so we can all claim to have blood from all over the world. Even though my great-great-grandfather was Russian, I don't say I'm part-Russian. I'm only 1/16 Russian, and no one cares about small numbers like that. I think that in order to claim you have some kind of other blood in you, you should be at least 1/4 that nationality. Maybe if you're Scandinavian but look very dark because you're 1/8 Kenyan or something and it really affects your looks and so it's actually important, then you can say you're part Kenyan.

Guest CrimsonLokki

All russian, 100% pure farming families from both sides, until I moved to Sweden and somehow they wrote "Swedish" in my passport. :)

RUSSIAN?! :P

I love Russian history haha

Not too many russians around here eh.. Proves that our country does, oh so much, suck at english... Unfortunately. :)

I love all history, not just Russian. :)

Edited by CrimsonLokki

Posted Image

I love Russian I used to study it at school in France and did my GCSE in it =). ОТЛИЧНО! Привет мой таворищь. ( This means awesome, hi comerade).

Wow, I'm envious. If I were you, I would go against the norm and take Swedish/French. Although I love English, I feel like Swedish A1 would be the easier (well a lot less people take Swedish A1...), and French is more interesting (i think). Also, i take it you're doing the diploma/classes/exams in English, so taking Swedish/French at A1 would be quite impressive to uni's. Also, you COULD take a 7th subject...but you would need A LOT of ork for that :D

but uh. half Swedish/half Ethiopian (and then some other stuff from way back on the Swedish side :) ) but lived in the states most of my life. So Swedish/American nationality.

Hey fellow part Swede, I'm not in the IB yet but i'll be taking french A1 next year and Japanese ab, didn't feel like taking English since i'd get the bilingual diploma anyway and regarding swedish this year i'm finishing my course in Svenska B which is equivalent to Swedish A1 standard. It's incredible how people's nationalities here are so diverse. :)

i am a full korean but currently living in the philippines :)

i have three mother tongues fortunately. because i came to the philippines at a young age, (4 years old and i am 17 now)

and that filipinos speak tagalog and english, i was able to aquire english and tagalog at the same time

and i am keeping my mother tongue korean :)

i find it interesting there are many people around the world who are taking IB and we are all gathered here with different nationalities,

languages and cultures

• 4 weeks later...

I'm...English, Scottish and New Zealand-ish I think.

Well I was born in Australia but my parents were born in NZ and my brother in England, and my Mum's family moved from England and Scotland to New Zealand then to Australia. I have a New Zealand passport (to the amusement of my friends :)) but i'm an Australian citizen too because I was born here.

ethnicity-wise, I'm Indian. As in from the country of India =) From a tiny state by the name of Karnataka, born in Bangalore (yes, the place where all the jobs are outsourced to!) and Kannada is my mother tongue !

nationality-wise, I'm not so sure. I was born in India, so I have an Indian passport. When I was a little baby, we moved to Kenya, and I lived there for 12 years, and I really do consider myself Kenyan even though I have no Kenyan blood. And In '05 we moved to Canada, and soon we're gonna be citizens, which I really don't want. So um its really messed up, and sometimes its had to figure out what I actually am. So I say I'm Indian by birth Kenyan by choice and Canadian by force.

• 3 weeks later...

ethnicity-wise, I'm Indian. As in from the country of India =) From a tiny state by the name of Karnataka, born in Bangalore (yes, the place where all the jobs are outsourced to!) and Kannada is my mother tongue !

nationality-wise, I'm not so sure. I was born in India, so I have an Indian passport. When I was a little baby, we moved to Kenya, and I lived there for 12 years, and I really do consider myself Kenyan even though I have no Kenyan blood. And In '05 we moved to Canada, and soon we're gonna be citizens, which I really don't want. So um its really messed up, and sometimes its had to figure out what I actually am. So I say I'm Indian by birth Kenyan by choice and Canadian by force.

That's cool, from where I live we have a lot Indians from the Punjab. I'm

ethnicity- Chinese but to be more specific from Shandong province in the North

nationality- Canadian! Canada all the way ! Yeah :D I'm pretty nationalistic