Ethnicity?

Swedish/Egyptian. Not too common mixture.

I have a friend who is Indian and Swedish. Here there's lots of Scandinavians married to Arabs. Often times the woman is European, the men seem to love blondes. Which parent is Swedish? And do you speak Arabic?

Edited by Vvi

I have a friend who is Indian and Swedish. Here there's lots of Scandinavians married to Arabs. Often times the woman is European, the men seem to love blondes. Which parent is Swedish? And do you speak Arabic?

Haha, I will confirm your claim, because my mother is Swedish and my father is Egyptian :) But you know, here in Sweden at least there are not many Egyptians on the whole. In the region where we live there is only 4 (or possibly 5) Egyptians out of like 200.000 people, so I have never met anyone with the same ethnicity, neither in Sweden, nor in Egypt. I don't speak that much Arabic, unfortunately. I'm thinking of going to Egypt to learn though. I understand most spoken Egyptian Arabic though, but it's tough speaking :no:

I am half Cuban, and half Iranian, full American living in Miami Florida one of the most ostentatious, diverse, and great cities in the world. My girlfriend (also an IBer) is half German, and half Iranian (i know arranged marraige like my friends joke, but it isnt lol) My moms favorite joke is that I am part of the C.I.A. or Cuban Iranian and American. For those not from the US and familiar with the CIA, it is the Central Intelligence Agency, a government organization commited to national defense.

• 4 weeks later...

English, Irish, and Swedish. but that's reaching waaay back to the 1800's.

I'm a southern belle born and raised, even though you can't really count that as an ethnicity.

it's kinda funny because I'm white as milk yet few of my friends are. Because of IB all my friends are Chinese, Indian, African American, and a bunch more i don't even pretend to know.

Indonesian, although currently living in the UAE - although you dont get the Emirati passport til you've lived here for like 25 years the least. I've been here for fourteen, and I'm not really planning to stay here after I graduate. Passport aint important. INDO FTW :D Although my great great grandfather was part Japanese - hence the last name being "Nasuki" and my mother's ancestors trace back to a few Korean noble families :D Explains why she is fairer than other indonesians and have different eyes. Complicated much?

Armenian and Palestinian by blood, Jordanian Cypriot by passport. White other on forms in the UK

on another note, I love how mixed up everyone is in IB! makes me feel normal :D people at Uni are so simple with their "I'm English" faces! they get really excited when u tell them you're from 4 different places :) it's funny

Half British, Half Swedish by blood. Swedish and British passport. But lived virtually all my life in France and acquired french nationality. I have three mother tongues English Swedish and French and I was struggling to decide which one to study for A1. =)

Edited by Bishup