Most Difficult IB Subjects?

Sorry have to laugh at the inappropriate use of that verb.

Yes it seems to be that both of those subjects are the hardest , also HL physics.

Yeah... you wouldn't believe how many hundreds of hours I've put in to getting 7s in those three... it's just disgusting. Everyone I know who's got three different HLs thinks I'm nuts for doing it, and I totally agree. If you take Geo, Chem and maybe Econ at HL, you'll get higher marks, or at least easier high marks, from what I hear.

Yeah... you wouldn't believe how many hundreds of hours I've put in to getting 7s in those three... it's just disgusting. Everyone I know who's got three different HLs thinks I'm nuts for doing it, and I totally agree. If you take Geo, Chem and maybe Econ at HL, you'll get higher marks, or at least easier high marks, from what I hear.

Pfft, you're crazy for having a 4th essay-based HL course! Your arm is going to drop off after exams. :)

Pfft, you're crazy for having a 4th essay-based HL course! Your arm is going to drop off after exams. :)

Well, the story is that I signed up for business, but the IB coordinator made the executive decision to eff over the only student taking both art and business, and schedule them in the same block in grade 11. Cost me a whole point, but I guess it's what I get for being screwed over. Either way, I'm not too worried, seeing as I got 777 at HL anyways, but the history exam is going to kill, not to mention I've got a wierd way of holding my pen, so it hurts to write lots.

I think English is the hardest, for people who aren't great writers. I am better than most of the people in my class, but I still find it to be quite a challenge. Homework-wise, it's English that sucks up the majority of my time.

Physics!! It's the one I find the most difficult. I hear Maths HL is torture as well, but I take SL so I don't know.

I don't think English HL is that bad...it's one of my favourite lessons. :dash: Except when we had to write our first World Lit. That was just awful. I enjoyed the second one though (YES I ADMIT IT) because I did a creative piece.

But I really don't like Physics that much anymore. Right now I'm trying to convince myself to write a conclusion for a stupid lab report but I don't even understand the lab report. *cries* Such is the life of an IB student.

Maths HL is the most daunting thing on earth

it is the weapon of mass destruction

it is the stairway to hell

it is a path that u do not want to partake

as it will ultimately lead u to insanity

and worse, u'll start viewing the world differently - seeing and dreaming everything in numbers and alphabets

I realise I planted a suicidal bomb in myself :help: , so I'm recommending to everyone unless they're really really strong, they shouldnt take part in this daunting task :argh:

As for English HL, it really depends on the teacher and how much she's willing to guide and teach u

Practise is the key to relieve i guess

In my school people doing art HL and Math HL find the classes the most hard because of how there is such a large workload in art and how math requires so much creative thinking. Other than this, IB is generally hard for everyone and we are all just going through our courses the same :argh: (Physics Higher Level is definitely easy to do well in as long as you understand the underlying concepts of what you're learning)

I think it's really depending on what you are good at personally. Some people are more maths/science type when others are more art/english type.

I am dying in English right now even though my teacher seems to think I'm on track. There are just too many things going on at once (commentaries, orals, novels)...

HL maths is a lot of work too (we practically have a new topic every lesson), but the good thing about maths is that it is straight forward- as long as you understand a concept you can solve the question so I don't study maths much.

I find Math HL to be one of/is the hardest subject in I.B. If you don't keep up with the stuff thats bieng taught, you're ****ed.

Not really. Our HL Math isn't taught to us. We are given the materials and are told to self-study. It's not that bad, and we have a descent track record. As long as you're motivated, and actually do the work, it's not too bad. In any case, I self-teach my SL Core stuff anyway, since I learn better that way.

Math HL is hard, even if you're gifted at math and all that. It's possible to get a 6 or a 7, but there's no way to get around the workload, even if you are a super genius, which I can't really say I have the luxury of being. You need to be really good at calculus and linear algebra to do the final exam well, which is tough because few people are truly able to excell at both parts of the course, and to those of us who find calculus easy, the rest of the subjects are quite daunting. There's a reason many top math schools gice credit for IB math HL, but not for IB physics HL, which is also a hard course, though definitely not as hard as math.

For english, most at my school find it tough because we only offer it at HL, and we don't get the choice of lessening the difficulty on that in favor of another HL.

In my school, the subjects which people find the hardest are Maths HL, Physics HL and Chemistry HL. However, in the end, Chem HL ends up being one of the subjects with the highest percentage of 7s in my school (mainly because I've been told that the teacher is awesome).

Despite not being one of the toughest in terms of understanding and workload, English A1 HL and SL is the subject with the lowest amount of 7s in my school.

• 1 month later...