Change IB

steam.rice.sally

How can you want to get rid of ToK? It's a really good subject!

I personally think that it depend exclusively on the theacher that you have. I have had three different teachers and with one of them I thought that ToK could be a good subject but with the others two teachers :D

Related to the topic, If I could, I will change the word limit in the EE.

I personally think that it depend exclusively on the theacher that you have. I have had three different teachers and with one of them I thought that ToK could be a good subject but with the others two teachers ^_^

Related to the topic, If I could, I will change the word limit in the EE.

Haha, our TOK teacher is awesome. Did IB himself, and got 45 points plus 6 for the seventh subject.

Agree with the word limit in the EE though. Something around 10000 or 8000 I would say...

I personally think that it depend exclusively on the theacher that you have. I have had three different teachers and with one of them I thought that ToK could be a good subject but with the others two teachers ^_^

Well, my teacher is really good, he teaches other teacher in ToK as well. He said that he wrote about half of the subject guide for ToK, but I'm not sure that he was being serious.

Generally give more flexibility in the choice of subjects

make CAS requirement only that you prove you've done the hours by getting the supervisers signature rather than having to reflect on what you have done.

get rid of tok

Stop grading in proportion to the rest of the world, I don't see why someone has to get a 3 so I can get a 7.

....if only we could change IB :)

LET ME TAKE TWO ARTS FOR THE IB. I was born too early...the next year get to choose two arts. It's so unfair! That's what I would change for my year though it's obviously too late.

I'd change the Physics course a lot. The IA criteria is really crappy and way too general. And those damn multiple-choice questions...why are they trying to catch us out?

And maybe so much paperwork for CAS...though I've done it all now :dash:

CAS is not that bad what ur judging it! In the end its what makes us different about other educations systems. but less paper work please

TOK should be 50% essay 50% presentation

A1 subjects should have less literature and more oral examinations

MATHS should be changed. IA should be worth 30+%

UNIS should lower their conditions for IBers

anyway we all :dash: the IB, but please god extend our day to 30h, got no time to sleep

Remove the rigid language components. Two languages is too much. It's a bit ironic for me to say this because English and French are fairly decent marks on my report card BUT. I find the time devoted to learning languages wasted, because honestly - writing bullcrap analysis has no function in the real world. Sure, some people might want to pursue this; let them. But don't impose these restrictions on other people who want to go into fields of math and science where identifying metaphors and explaining their usage is completely irrelevant. I guess what I'm trying to say is - IB shouldn't try to force everyone to fit the "mold". Some people are just better off pursuing their interests to be well-lopsided as opposed to well-rounded.

writing bullcrap analysis has no function in the real world.

Actually, it does. Being able to construct a good argument is handy in any profession. If you dislike how the IB makes you "well rounded", don't take it. You can pick and choose your subjects in AP and A-level, if I'm not mistaken. Alternatively, you could always take extracurricular courses outside of school.

Guest siren

I don't think CAS is all that bad. But the forms are just horrible. Wish we could have the new forms with ticky boxes instead of the same question four times...

And make IAs count for more, because I'm have a feeling that I'm seriously going to screw up exams.

Get rid of CAS entirely. I don't know about everybody else, but I was doing all that CAS stuff anyway! It's just now I have a mental load of paperwork to do and loads of signatures to get from grudging old ladies in charity shops who spend an hour of your spare time cross checking every single date you ever gave them. Everybody knows that reflections are more or less exceedingly hopeful creative writing, anyway! I mean, if we get something out of it, surely we realise? I've genuinely got a lot out of the activities I do anyway, but thinking of new and inventive ways in which playing the violin has benefitted the community is kind-of hard (and not exactly useful, constructive or anything much at all).

Also make Theory of Knowledge optional. I'd say ban it, but for some reason some people here appear to like it! TOK should win some kind of award for beating CAS in terms of bureaucratic win, and not because of the paperwork, but simply because of the HOURS of time which have to be spent on something which isn't really anything. What is knowledge? Oh look, we can't define it, splendid. Let me spend a year and a half studying the fact that we may or may not be able to have objective knowledge in art, may or may not construct our thoughts about how we learn things dependent on what position we feel like arguing from and at the end sit and write an essay to reflect upon the fact that we may or may not have achieved anything. Where are the benefits in that? It's just kind-of boring and pretttttyy tedious to sit through.

SPREAD OUT THE DEADLINES.

Making everything due in in March is just evil. Especially because some schools are incapable of having the subject staff talk to each other, so at the start of March they're all simultaneously like "ok, coursework time, you have a fortnight!" .... "Yes well the other subjects should have done theirs earlier, we're doing OURS now." There are many positives to it all being in for the end of March but they need to understand that the institutions charged with dispensing the IB don't have the first clue about organisation ]:

Make Maths easier. How can totally doss subjects at SL possibly compare with living hell at SL? More to the point, how are we meant to cover that much stuff in a year and a bit?! There is a certain sadistic cruelty in compulsory mathematics. A1 languages are exceeeeeedingly easy at both SL and HL, so why do their compulsory counterparts have to be like poking yourself in the eye with a fork? There's a huge amount of disparity in difficulty levels for IB subjects and maths and english (or equivalent) surely demonstrate the epitome of this situation!

Other than those things, I really like the IB. I don't mind how much is coursework/exam, that's not a big deal, and similarly however long the EE is is also fine with me. Word cutting and creating isn't a big deal when stuck in perspective against stuff like a hundred hours of TOK!

• Like 1