TheNikawi

Hi guys, so I'm currently conflicted in terms of choosing my IB HL subjects and this is cause I am not entirely sure what I want to study in uni but I've narrowed it down to either comp. sci/comp. engineering or econ/business/finance. I understand that the requirements for these two courses are quite conflicting and I am wondering which combination of HL subjects would give me the most opportunities for the aforementioned courses and whether or not I should take 4 HLs instead. Thanks!

IB Subject Choices:

English Lit. SL

Chinese B SL

Econ HL/SL ??

Physics HL/SL ??

Math HL/SL ??

Comp. Sci. HL/SL ??

I would recommend:

HL: Math, physics, economics

SL: English, Chinese, computer science

For economics and finance at a top school, you'll need HL math and economics. For engineering, you need HL math and physics. You can get into a computer science course without having computer science, as it's primarily a math course applied to computing. Because four HL subjects, especially the ones you plan to take is hard, having computer science at SL is more than enough. The above subject combination should be fine for most courses in most countries.

• Like 2