IB psychology SL IA more than word limit

loba

Hello all,

i finished doing my psychology sl IA yesterday on the stroop effect, and i realized that it is 1550 words not 1500. how do i make it 50 words less, im not knowing how? and what exactly is not included in the word count, i know that the abstract, cover page, references, appendices are not included is that just it?

private message me if you can help cut the words down

hahahahaha

i havent laughed so much in a while, sorry and thanks...

anyways,

Eliminate Articles, Adjectives, Adverbs, Prepositions, Pronouns, and Other Descriptors When Possible

or visit these sites to get tips on cutting down words

Your first draft does not have to be under 1500 words In fact it's good, for a general essay, to write ~300 or more over the limit then cut it down for the final draft. 

1. Cut down introduction
2. In your most wordy paragraph, consider use a flow chart or diagram to illustrate your ideas. Or to put occasional clarifying non-essential definition or phrases (such as "de facto") in a footnote.
3. Avoid using the passive voice (was/were/is + verb in past participle)
. Eg. "It was this morning that a question was asked by me on how to have my word count cut down." ===>
"This morning, I asked for ways to cut down my word count."
4. Strictly for cutting down word count, use longer words that replaces multiple short words.
5. Cut down on repetition. (eg. the overarching thesis, first and foremost,... )
6. Eliminate your weakest points. (main reason why to write over the word count for first draft).