Math IA Criteria

Aninda Saha

Hii guys,

So I'm just about to exceed the 12 page mark for my Math IA and I still have some more things that I would like to add. I was just wondering, is it possible for us to go above the 12 page mark without being penalized? I didn't see any restriction with the page numbers but they suggested 6-12 pages, so please let me know. 

One important thing about the maths IA is that it has to be concise. So if you think you are not repeating yourself + making an important point on the exceeded pages, then going over 12 pages won't be a problem. But do try to look for any parts of the IA that is not needed before you submit the iA.

Hope this helped!

• Like 2

One important thing about the maths IA is that it has to be concise. So if you think you are not repeating yourself + making an important point on the exceeded pages, then going over 12 pages won't be a problem. But do try to look for any parts of the IA that is not needed before you submit the iA.

Hope this helped!

Okay thank you! I shall be sure to keep that in mind. I appreciate it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

In addtion to being concise, longer IAs tend to give the impression that you do not know what you are talking about. 

that's not always true. if you have a lot of diagrams and tables, it makes your IA look like it's very long but it may actually be rather concise.

yes you are right. But tables usually do not usually make an IA longer than 10 pages. If one has too many tables then maybe there's room for better organization and data selection. I am not making a generalisation i m just describing something that is very likely.