Sarah Palin's 9 Most Disturbing Beliefs

moneyfaery

At the same time though, we're voting for McCain, not Palin, specifically. I mean, what if people like Obama and Palin? Or McCain and Biden? What would we do then?

the people aren't necessarily voting for te person they're technically voting for the party and what the party believes. the people who represent the party have a job of representing those beliefs! and the party chooses those candidates they think that represents them most clearly. So it would be quite irrational to say that people would want Obama and Palin or McCain and Biden because then all they'd do while in office is have completely opposite opinions and be at each others necks. Resulting in an unstable core of the government which would be a ridicule.

And there has been SO much fun poked at Palin because she (apparently) knows close to NOTHING about campaigning or being a major factor in politics. This would be a very bad example of that, but even in her interviews with Charlie Gibson she completely skipped over questions she should have answered. If I find a link to those then I'll post it...

yea I saw that interview, it was hilarious!

oh here it is:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=ubsUQKd9c7c

But we know that sometimes the people don't go with their party. Look at Bush. So in a way they are voting for the people, we need to really look at who actually wants the most change and knows how to achieve that change. Experiace should not be the big of a factor in this.

HAHA! Check out this article:

Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, who touts her state's proximity to Russia as part of her foreign policy experience, has not met with Russian leaders or delegations, negotiated any Russian issues or visited the country, according to an Associated Press review of records from the governor's office.

ADVERTISEMENT

The review showed that the Republican vice presidential candidate has negotiated with only one country, Canada, and until last week had met with the leader of only one other, tiny Iceland. Her portfolio expanded last week when she went to New York and met seven foreign leaders attending the U.N. General Assembly.

Governors who run for national office often are criticized for lacking the international experience that, for example, someone from Congress or the president's Cabinet might have. But Palin's foreign policy adviser Steve Biegun, on leave as vice president of international governmental affairs for Ford Motor Co., said that's not a handicap.

"And what Governor Palin has is a full breadth of international experience that any governor would have who is engaged with the world on trade, on infrastructure issues," he said. "Governors don't have the same opportunities or the same responsibilities that senators have. They're different, but they're not inferior."

Palin herself has said repeatedly that her job is inherently international because of Alaska's location, across the Bering Strait from Russia.

In an interview last week with CBS News anchor Katie Couric, Palin suggested that her contact was more than just awareness of Russia's nearness. When Couric asked Palin if she'd "ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians," the governor replied, "We have trade missions back and forth."

But Steve Smirnoff, the Russian Federation's honorary consul in Anchorage, said Palin never accepted his invitation to open a dialogue with Alaska's neighbor.

When Palin took office in December 2006, Smirnoff says, he sent her a letter suggesting "she could be instrumental in reviving relationships between Alaska and Russia, and the rest of the world."

Smirnoff said he'd met Palin years before, when they both worked on then-Gov. Frank Murkowski's campaign. Smirnoff had hoped for some rapport, but "I never received a response," he said. "I don't know if it was taken to heart or thrown in the trash basket."

Patricia Eckert, who works in the governor's Office of International Trade, confirmed that Palin had not held meetings with Russian officials during her term. The closest interaction she cited was when the Seattle-based Russian consul general attended a reception for the diplomatic corps that Palin hosted in Fairbanks.

According to the Alaska Office of International Trade, during her 21 months as governor Palin has:

• Attended 11 meetings with Canadians, almost all to discuss a proposed oil and gas pipeline that would take Alaska oil through the prairie province of Alberta to Chicago.

• Held diplomatic courtesy calls with American-based representatives of five other countries: Japan, China, Korea, Taiwan and Israel.

• Spoken at or attended four events that included foreign representatives: the International Whaling Commission, the Conference of Arctic Parliamentarians and, on two occasions, the annual Alaska Fur & Ice event.

• Met last October with the president of Iceland, Olafur Ragnar Grimsson. He told the AP they discussed how Iceland's geothermal generation system, which heats and powers his nation, could be applied in Alaska, especially using existing geothermal resources in the Mount Spurr area near Anchorage.

One of Palin's Canadian counterparts, Yukon Premier Dennis Fentie, said she came to the table well informed for the talks on oil and natural gas issues.

"She obviously had done her homework before we met," he said. "I found Gov. Palin has some of the fundamental principles required for good foreign policy, and that is dedicated approach and a firm commitment to collaborating with other jurisdictions, in this case Yukon."

Officials at the British Embassy, when asked to confirm Palin office records that showed she had met with their ambassador, contacted the McCain-Palin campaign to inform it that the meeting had never occurred. The campaign then contacted the AP to correct the governor's records.

Last week at the U.N., Palin met briefly with seven foreign leaders. They included Georgian President Mikhail Saakashvili, Iraqi President Jalal Talabani and Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

Wow. Ms. Foreign Relations, huh? Yeah right. I could meet kids from other nations in my own city today, but that wouldn't make me any better with "foreign relations". God, can you say oblivious? Even the British Embassy was lied to by their campaign. As to regarding the whole meeting the dude from Iceland, ANYONE can do homework on many topics and make it sound good. (Patriot Act anyone?)

Edited by AxeluteZero

But we know that sometimes the people don't go with their party. Look at Bush. So in a way they are voting for the people, we need to really look at who actually wants the most change and knows how to achieve that change. Experiace should not be the big of a factor in this.

Bush didn't win the popular vote both times he ran for president. He won the electoral votes! which shows that the majority of people do vote for political parties and not the person. The system is just designed that way, I mean even the fact that ther eis an electoral vote contributes to it.

So the Republican campaign has been slipping and the Democrats have got more votes. What does Palin do? Start personal attacks!

They should actually repair their own wavering image rather than attack their competitor. Not the proper way to compete at all, but then again since when was politics fair play?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/us/politics/05palin.html

Hmm... I swear the McCain ads were attacking Obama as well.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350">

“Well, I was reading my copy of today’s New York Times and I was interested to read about Barack’s friends from Chicago,” Ms. Palin said at the fund-raiser in Englewood, Colo. “Turns out one of Barack’s earliest supporters is a man who, according to The New York Times, and they are hardly ever wrong

Hahahaha, she has obviously never taken TOK.

Edited by moneyfaery

Paline is just trying to redeemher self in the eyes of the people which is going to be kind of impossible. Everything she says comes out as either wrong or creepy. During her interview with Katy Couric she did not know of any supreme case laws, during her interview with charles gibson, she did not know what the Bush doctrine was, i mean even my 10yr old cousin knows this and although she did better then expected at the vice presidential debate, she somehow managed to mix up the name of a general from during the civil war with the major general in afghanistan. It's like everytime she is put in the public spotlight all she can do is mess up. Also has anyone noticed how whenever someone asks her a question a way to find out if she does not know the answer is she starts spouting off about when she was governor of Alaska it is kind of funny especially she starts to do those freaky winks

• 4 weeks later...

There has been a lot of talk recently on how she might plan to run for president in 2012!

Oh, I hope that will never happen.

In any case, everyone should look up the sarah palin prank call. It was staged by two people in Canada pretending to be the President of France. It's funny to hear how bad their accents are but Sarah never realizes that it is a prank call.

Okay, for once I am proud to be Canadian, and I would even say that I am proud to be related to french Canadians.

The best line of the phone call was when he quickly shoved in "on peut aller tuer des phoques" which (for you non Frenchies) means that they would go kill baby seals together by shooting out of a helicopter. I pretty much had to pick myself up of the floor after hearing that one, that was absolute comedic genius. Love the Cheney references, and just the fact that someone actually went and did this. It's good to know that some people still hold comedy close to heart, especially when it's politically loaded, right-bashing, Canada-relevant humor about the US presidential race. Doesn't get any better than that.

So basically the polls close in about 20 minutes on the east coast, and in 3 hours and 20 minutes on the west...

I'm pretty sure this entire thread is pointless, and don't just assume I'm some conservative nutjob. (lets just say that if my parents wouldn't have crucified me, my halloween costume would have come complete with a pageant sash and tina fey glasses.)

I would just like to point out that there although Sarah Palin has not presented herself as the most intelligent of candidates, she was not the only one to say stupid things. I mean one candidate was having all sorts of fun talking about the Bosniacks when discussing foreign policy... Seriously, is this the best America has to offer?