Sarah Palin's 9 Most Disturbing Beliefs

moneyfaery

I've heard that McCain picked her because she appeals to many Americans who supported Hillary because of the fact that she's a woman.

This is very true, but on the other side he's understimating the intelligence of these Women voters, which most of the feminisits will find offensive. So Palin might have all this attention right now, but if you really listen to her speaches all she talks about is hockey moms and a bridge to no where she didn't build... oh right and Alaska >.< I can't wait for the forum on sunday and for the people to see how much more prepared Biden is than her!

That article was a load of...bad stuff. It was totally biased, no doubt, and did not convey a real message. It is simply the smear campaign rallying up.

It comes down to the issues - okay, so the offshore drilling was right. But then again she is ON THE TICKET WITH McCAIN! McCain supports offshore drilling. His VP better too. I bet there will be a 9 most disturbing beliefs about McCain soon. Ohhh, I'm excited. (Just kidding)

The real message (or what I extracted from it) is that politics should not be mixed with religion. Much of her beliefs target the Christian population, which I'd imagine is the majority of the population as gathered from another thread on IBS.

Sarah Palin believes the U.S. Army is on a mission from God.
Palin thinks that rape victims should be forced to bear the child of their rapist.

Those two especially annoy me. I don't see why 'God' would send soldiers to be killed in the name of 'democracy' (read: oil). And I don't see how giving birth to a child will benefit the child or the mother in any way - especially if the mother is young and cannot afford to raise the child. She's also pretty much saying, "Oh, it's your fault you got raped. Now you have to be a mother."

I'm not saying Obama is a god or anything and vote for him. But Palin is seriously a joke.

I'm not saying Obama is a god or anything and vote for him. But Palin is seriously a joke.

I may be a tad more conservative than the vast majority of those of you that frequent this site, but personally, I like Sarah Palin. I feel that she has brought a lot to the conservative ticket. Its not the fact that she is a woman, its the fact that she is a strong speaker with strong, conservative beliefs. Personally, I've never been too much of a McCain fan. He is a little left for my liking, but I really like that Sarah Palin has actually lived the conservative lifestyle she talks about.

Yes, her daughter did get pregnant at 17, but at least her daughter chose to keep the baby. I have a large amount of respect for Sarah Palin. I can't imagine what I would say if I found out that I was pregnant with a baby with downs syndrome. I respect her for that.

I also like that fact that her son is getting ready to go to Iraq, it means that her views on the war will be that much more valid.

Oh no... she is for offshore drilling. gasp... I understand that that may not sound like the most environmentally friendly thing, but the McCain/Palin campaign has said that he will make an effort to develop advanced transportation technologies and alternative fuels to promote energy independence.

Frankly I don't care who is running, there is no way the United States can become completely green in an instant. Its just not possible, and if we need to do some offshore drilling while we work to get to that green place. So be it.

The real message (or what I extracted from it) is that politics should not be mixed with religion. Much of her beliefs target the Christian population, which I'd imagine is the majority of the population as gathered from another thread on IBS.

I agree, America is all about religion not mixing with politics, hence this worldwide extremist Islamist (or what they like to call terrorist) war they've started.

Those two especially annoy me. I don't see why 'God' would send soldiers to be killed in the name of 'democracy' (read: oil).

exactly, what difference is this sent army than the crusaders? go back a few hundred years and repeat history why don't you! she's going to get herself into a lot of contraversy if she keeps hinting this is a religious war they're fighting.

I feel that she has brought a lot to the conservative ticket. Its not the fact that she is a woman, its the fact that she is a strong speaker with strong, conservative beliefs. Personally, I've never been too much of a McCain fan. He is a little left for my liking, but I really like that Sarah Palin has actually lived the conservative lifestyle she talks about.

I assume you haven't been watching her questioning with Charles Gibson? I have a feeling she's going to be a Bush repeat. And I'm not just saying this because I'm more pro left wing, because quite frankly I'm not exactly voting, but I suggest you look into all her angles before you start idolizing a person. She came out at the beginning as a strong woman who, in my opinion, seemed like she'd be pulling the strings behind McCain if they do get into office, but after hearing her speeches which continuously revolve around her family (yes I did watch the whole of the republican convention on tv :P ), and some bridge to no where she likes to mislead to public about, I just think it's about time she does her homework and talks about some policies...

But then again, everyone is entitled to their opinions :P and I'm sure she has something

and just for the record I think America should start organizing their recycling system before stressing so much on the digging. Obama too voted for the dig, with all the "energy independence" campaigns on tv no political candidate with the right mind would go against it, even if it's not exactly what their party wants. I just don't understand why there's such a great recycling program in the UK, while in most US states you have to go stand in line for 2 hours infront of the grocery store to give in your bottles and get 2 dollars for it!

/rant

sorry I was watching a lot of politics today :) mostly democrats making fun of Palin :P

I assume you haven't been watching her questioning with Charles Gibson? I have a feeling she's going to be a Bush repeat... I suggest you look into all her angles before you start idolizing a person.

I missed that actually, but its on my dvr somewhere.

Let me assure you, I have looked into her policies and there are things about her that I'm not too fond of. With that said, I do still believe that she her conservative beliefs have helped the McCain ticket by motivating the more conservative voters that may not have been too impressed with John McCain's relatively moderate point of view.

This is somewhat unrelated, but it was hilarious and I had to pass it on. Its from SNL last night, and it is Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton addressing the nation on the role of sexism in the 2008 Presidential Campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc3Zxq078ns

I may be a tad more conservative than the vast majority of those of you that frequent this site, but personally, I like Sarah Palin. I feel that she has brought a lot to the conservative ticket. Its not the fact that she is a woman, its the fact that she is a strong speaker with strong, conservative beliefs. Personally, I've never been too much of a McCain fan. He is a little left for my liking, but I really like that Sarah Palin has actually lived the conservative lifestyle she talks about.

Yes, her daughter did get pregnant at 17, but at least her daughter chose to keep the baby. I have a large amount of respect for Sarah Palin. I can't imagine what I would say if I found out that I was pregnant with a baby with downs syndrome. I respect her for that.

I also like that fact that her son is getting ready to go to Iraq, it means that her views on the war will be that much more valid.

Oh no... she is for offshore drilling. gasp... I understand that that may not sound like the most environmentally friendly thing, but the McCain/Palin campaign has said that he will make an effort to develop advanced transportation technologies and alternative fuels to promote energy independence.

Frankly I don't care who is running, there is no way the United States can become completely green in an instant. Its just not possible, and if we need to do some offshore drilling while we work to get to that green place. So be it.

Thank you for posting this. I completely agree with you, I definitely like Sarah Palin. She is a strong woman who knows what she's talking about. For the person who said that she thinks the troops in Iraq are on a mission from God, I think you should watch her dispel that controversy in her interview with Charlie Gibson. Also, read the full text quote from when she said that. She was saying "hope that what we're doing in Iraq is God's will, pray for that, pray for our troops, pray for their safety." Please do research that.

"Sarah Palin does not believe in giving teenagers information about sex."

What?!!?! all i have to say about this is: your daughter (16) is the biggest example on why you should.

"Sarah Palin believes in punishing rape victims."

Isn't it enough that they are VICTIMS, and you want them to bare the child of the rapist!!!!!! how are they suppose to love and charish a child that was a result of the this horrible crime?? and I have never heard of a government that punishes victims have you?

right...

Let me assure you, I have looked into her policies and there are things about her that I'm not too fond of. With that said, I do still believe that she her conservative beliefs have helped the McCain ticket by motivating the more conservative voters that may not have been too impressed with John McCain's relatively moderate point of view.

yea you know why McCain is being moderate with his conservative views? because of the voters out there who have not made their mind up, most of who were Hilary supporters. You know why McCain hasn't praised the Bush government even though most Parties in Government would, because he wants to win the Liberal votes. You know why he chose Palin in the first place? because he needed to challenge Obama's contraversy in chosing Biden over Hilary, and since the liberals didn't chose the woman, he thought oh that'll cause enough contraversy to get the media attention let's go for that! and it did work for a few weeks when everyone was talking about this Governer from Alaska who no one ever heard of, but allegidly was the most popular Governer in the states! given the population of Alaska, I doubt it was a big challenge for her to be known there :P

This is somewhat unrelated, but it was hilarious and I had to pass it on. Its from SNL last night, and it is Tina Fey and Amy Poehler as Sarah Palin and Hilary Clinton addressing the nation on the role of sexism in the 2008 Presidential Campaign.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc3Zxq078ns

That I agree with you on, her beong on the ticket has helped Mccain only because she is a woman. if it was a man that was the exact carbon copy of her, then Mccain would be losing. If you look at todays polls, Most of Mccains increase in voters are white females. The same females that came from Hillary's spectrum. If Obama had chosen Hillary as his V.P Mccain would have never chosen Palin and Palin would still be this governor no one has ever heard of. instead Mccain would have chosen someone more liberal to please some voters. Seriously, the only reason she is winning running with Mccain and helping Mccain get back on top is because she is a woman

That article was a load of...bad stuff. It was totally biased, no doubt, and did not convey a real message. It is simply the smear campaign rallying up.

My thoughts exactly. And it wasn't even just WHAT the article was saying that was biased, it was HOW the article said it. For example, there was something about "punishing rape victims" by preventing them from getting abortions... so apparently it would be preferable to punish (i.e. kill) the baby that's involved in the matter?

Personally, I think that article is crap, without any bias toward McCain or Palin.

I'm not a Democrat, Republican or a Green kinda person...I think everyone is screwed up and the government needs a party comprised of matters where people can't disagree.

And I'm no Communist either. Dictatorships suck. Why do you think Congress is split? :(

Anyway...Palin seems like she's a candidate that McCain is using for a pobrecito effect... in other words, people pity Clinton so they'll vote for the other candidate with a female companion.

...but VP's do NOTHING. So I don't personally care for Palin or Bisquick or whatever Obama's running mate's name is...can't remember it at the moment.

Omaha or Mclaim...hard choice there. Both have strong points, both have weak points. But that's the fun in politics, right? No side really wins...so they grit it out. It's kinda like football, except without the tackling physically...moreso verbal tackling.

Oh, and people get shot in politics. WWI, anybody? >.>

Anyway...going back to the article, yeah, that was...stupid. v.v

Personally, I think that article is crap, without any bias toward McCain or Palin.

...but VP's do NOTHING. So I don't personally care for Palin or Bisquick or whatever Obama's running mate's name is...can't remember it at the moment.

The name's Biden. Joe Biden.

But now I'm thinking I should start calling him Bisquick, just because that was such a humorous comment!

The name's Biden. Joe Biden.

But now I'm thinking I should start calling him Bisquick, just because that was such a humorous comment!

I'm sorry. Totally forgot his name.

Seriously though, what do VP's do? I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal. And (IMO, please don't take this offensively) if McClaim were to die due to his age or if Obama died (or was assassinated by racists or something) THEN I can see why people would make a huge deal over VP's. That makes complete sense to me.

But why make such a big deal right now? I haven't seen any Phailin or Bisquick commercials at ALL.

Seriously though, what do VP's do? I don't get why everyone is making such a big deal. And (IMO, please don't take this offensively) if McClaim were to die due to his age or if Obama died (or was assassinated by racists or something) THEN I can see why people would make a huge deal over VP's. That makes complete sense to me.

I think that's the POINT! Both McCain and Obama has HUGE RISKS of dying either because of old age or by being assassinated respectively! If McCain gets elected and heaven forbid dies...America is stuck with Palin for a President for the rest of the term. That's why people are making a huge deal over the VP (Palin especially)

At the same time though, we're voting for McCain, not Palin, specifically. I mean, what if people like Obama and Palin? Or McCain and Biden? What would we do then?

And there has been SO much fun poked at Palin because she (apparently) knows close to NOTHING about campaigning or being a major factor in politics. This would be a very bad example of that, but even in her interviews with Charlie Gibson she completely skipped over questions she should have answered. If I find a link to those then I'll post it...

If McCain gets elected and heaven forbid dies...America is stuck with Palin for a President for the rest of the term.

I'll even be praying if that happens... so heaven forbid it does.

And there has been SO much fun poked at Palin because she (apparently) knows close to NOTHING about campaigning or being a major factor in politics. This would be a very bad example of that, but even in her interviews with Charlie Gibson she completely skipped over questions she should have answered. If I find a link to those then I'll post it...

Palin campaigns for religion and conservatism (and wasting money) and her personal beliefs (irrelevant to the country). She wouldn't be in this campaign at all if she was male.

She hasn't really brought anything except an influx of female and conservative voters. IMO, of course.

Obama, on the other hand, campaigns for CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE!