How many people in your Maths class?

Abu

In my year we have about 22 student doing either Math HL or SL. Of those, about 9 are doing HL and 13 are doing SL. However, according to my math teacher, about 50 % are going to drop a level ( so Math SL to Math Studies, and Math HL to Math Sl) :)

Including myself, there are currently 3 IB1s taking Maths HL, and about 5-6 IB2s (it's a combined class). I have a feeling that my group is going to end up with a population of 2 HLs. People keep deciding to drop, or being forced to by the school. Our first cohort had 2 Maths HL students, 2 Physics students. No one else was game enough to try.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hate the situation in our class. We have around 19 students studying for SL and around 5 for HL. HL is ok, but the overfilled SL class brings disadvantages. First of all, the levels of students differ greatly, thus the capable ones are doomed to crumble around the ignorant dumbasses. Moreover, teacher has to be on a hurry all the time to answer all the silly questions. Finally, you can't get a normal work pace, when few jerks are paying their interests into yesterday's D&B party... I hope that this year the situation will be at least a little better.

Edited by Rentle