Math SL Paper 2

XXX

It was REALLY EASY!!! easier than that compared last year and the years before!!! I do agree, the questions regarding the binomial expansion, calculating the perimeter of sector and the last sub question of Q10 were a bit tricky... However, the questions that I LOVED the most were about bacteria and cars :P

The exam was quite okay, although I ran out of time and couldn't solve some quetions :( The binomial thing with the constant term was very tricky.. I kind of know how to find the constant term, but I did not know how to do it the other way around :/ I think preferred paper 1 though.

Binomial expansion? I thought it was easy, but perhaps only because I did an almost identical exercise the night before. I also think I had too little time, so at the very end I had like 5 minutes for the probability question and I was writing like crazy - if I made some errors I hope I'll still get the points for method.

Paper 1 was much better for me. I couldn't solve the binomial expansion question either so I said: "Oh I will come back to this." and only drew an extended version of Pascal's triangle like an idiot then I ran out of time of course. By the way, did the revolution question create a sphere or did I have to solve it with a formula? I assumed that it would create a sphere without looking at the integral formula in the formula booklet

I was quite happy with how it went, actually. Thought it was much easier than paper 1, that's for sure!

I do agree!! I found it to be such a relief... One question, for the bacteria question 8, when they said after how many nth hours is (A) greater than (B), did you write 5 hours, or 4.78 .... What I undertood is that they wanted full hour.

I was quite happy with how it went, actually. Thought it was much easier than paper 1, that's for sure!

I do agree!! I found it to be such a relief... One question, for the bacteria question 8, when they said after how many nth hours is (A) greater than (B), did you write 5 hours, or 4.78 .... What I undertood is that they wanted full hour.

I can't remember :/ Sorry!

For those of you who did get the binomial expansion problem, did you get K = 2?

• Like 1

I can't remember :/ Sorry!

For those of you who did get the binomial expansion problem, did you get K = 2?

Hey,, yes for the bacteria question I answered 5 hours as well as they wanted full hour (I got 4.something something, but as they want the pop. to exceed so yeah)

For the binomial expansion, I got k= 2 :)