Can you please do my survey for my math IA?

NS97

• 2 months later...

Anyone want to explain what this math IA is about? None of my teachers have gone in depth with it yet?

Completed it!

It's an internal assessment in maths whereby you have to choose a topic which you want to investigate using the maths you have learned in the studies/SL/HL course, and it's grade out of 20. Only 6 marks are awarded for the actual mathematics and other criteria include personal engagement and communication, so you can actually do well even if you mess up in the maths. You are free to choose any topic, for example statistics. Investigations can include things like the golden ratio or sinusoidal wave modelling.

• Like 1

Anyone want to explain what this math IA is about? None of my teachers have gone in depth with it yet?

Completed it!

It's an internal assessment in maths whereby you have to choose a topic which you want to investigate using the maths you have learned in the studies/SL/HL course, and it's grade out of 20. Only 6 marks are awarded for the actual mathematics and other criteria include personal engagement and communication, so you can actually do well even if you mess up in the maths. You are free to choose any topic, for example statistics. Investigations can include things like the golden ratio or sinusoidal wave modelling.

Oh I see. Thank you for the explanation! (: