No CAS Project

Well, your profile says your exams were in May 2012...

But, assuming that's a mistake:

I'm not sure I understand your question? You have to do CAS to get your diploma, and you say you're "fine with regular CAS hours," then I think you are fine. These regular hours are hopefully long term projects anyway, and one should have some overlap on at least two of the three letters of CAS. They must meet the 8 CAS learning outcomes, and your projects should be real and purposeful. Did you do all of that? Or did you go swimming once and count that as an hour of action?

Essentially, what do you think this "CAS project" that you never did is suppose to be?

Mistahazn, you could just pick an activity that you have done for an extended period of time and count it as your CAS project. I counted ESOL tutoring as my CAS project, since I did it for an extended period of time and it was meaningful etc.

Here is a website that talks about the CAS project requirements:

http://sites.cdnis.edu.hk/school/cas/project-guidelines/

However, assuming you have all your hours and you don't mention the lack of CAS project, maybe your school won't notice. I know that that may be nerve wracking, but you might get lucky and they might overlook your lack of a CAS project. Or you could pick something you have done and count it as your project, even if it doesn't perfectly fit requirements. Just depends how strict your school is.

Edited by citizenoftheuniverse
  • Like 2

I am in the same situation with you as I dont have any CAS projects but I have fulfilled all my hours.

But I heard stories from other schools that students in their school never even heard of CAS projects. Same goes with the post above by Thrashmaster. He seems to not even heard about it. So I kinda assumed that cas projects aren't IB requirements? I mean searched "cas project" in the guideline (http://www.holyhearthigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CAS-Guide.pdf) but nothing came soooooooooooooo..... hopefully Ill pass. haha

CAS project is where you combine at least two of the activities of CAS. That is you have service and creativity together, or action and service etc.

Iny my school, it had to be a minimum of 10 hours and it was one of the requirements to pass alongside with doing CAS for 18 months and so on. If it is so in your school too, your teacher may not be willing to let you pass.

Among the CAS projects I could think of were baking and donating the money to charity; organizing a fashion charity show that I was part of; I helped prepare a diplomatic reception at an embassy and so on.

Good luck.

I am in the same situation with you as I dont have any CAS projects but I have fulfilled all my hours.

But I heard stories from other schools that students in their school never even heard of CAS projects. Same goes with the post above by Thrashmaster. He seems to not even heard about it. So I kinda assumed that cas projects aren't IB requirements? I mean searched "cas project" in the guideline (http://www.holyhearthigh.ca/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/CAS-Guide.pdf) but nothing came soooooooooooooo..... hopefully Ill pass. haha

Very true, we don't do CAS projects at our school, just the "regular hours" :P So it depends on the school, I guess.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...