Juice cartons comparison

Ollexandra

Hi

I wanted to make my IA about how economical different 1L carton juices are but to be honest I can hardly find any complex mathematics I could apply in that project. What do you think? Is it a bad idea? Maybe you have any suggestions about how to develop this topic? I would really appreciate your help since we were given practically no instructions or feedback about our topics and I am kind of stuck :/

It is not a suitable topic as we wouldn't have variables that we can control. You could try doing something interesting with optimization and a carton of juice (say, finding the best dimensions for the maximum volume with a given surface area and a constant dimension).

• Like 1

what is the subject you are doing this IA on? is it economics or maths??

It's math ;)

It is not a suitable topic as we wouldn't have variables that we can control. You could try doing something interesting with optimization and a carton of juice (say, finding the best dimensions for the maximum volume with a given surface area and a constant dimension).

Optimization sounds good, thanks!

yeah i think optimization would be your best possible strategy i think rigel's idea for the juice can is amazing u cud really do it is innovative as well as easy to understand. As most of the time people done even understand what their topic is and what they have to do

That's a great idea Rigel. I was about to recommend the same thing!! :P

It would be a good idea to link it to calculus and plot a graph and then formulate an equation perhaps, thereby making necessary deductions.