Is anyone willing to participate in an internation cyber-bullying awareness website?

Hey everyone! I've had this thought cross my mind recently. Since cyber-bullying is becoming such a big problem around the world, I've thought about gathering students from different IB world schools and share, or post information about cyber-bullying. This could be counted as a CAS activity for you since you're raising awareness for something and helping people around the world.

Would anyone be willing to initiate this with me? If you have more ideas/advice, feel free to post them, I'm open for any suggestions. Also, I'll be using blogger (blogspot.com) for this, so you (sadly) will have to have a google account, if you have another idea on what else we could use for this website, let me know.

Thank you in advance :)

Great!

Well at first I was thinking of gathering information about bullying, prevention methods, etc... and if you do find any information about anyone who has ever been bullied (such as Amanda Todd or Ryan Halligan) you could add them there. At the moment only the "known" victims can be mentioned, but if you know anyone who has experienced bullying, or cyber-bullying and wants their story to be shared, you could add them there. It's not that necessary to be a personal story, it's about raising awareness to it.

Great!

Well at first I was thinking of gathering information about bullying, prevention methods, etc... and if you do find any information about anyone who has ever been bullied (such as Amanda Todd or Ryan Halligan) you could add them there. At the moment only the "known" victims can be mentioned, but if you know anyone who has experienced bullying, or cyber-bullying and wants their story to be shared, you could add them there. It's not that necessary to be a personal story, it's about raising awareness to it.

Could encouraging people at my school to participate or at least take a look at this count as CAS?

If you'd be encouraging people at your school to participate and people do, then it would be CAS, but I'm not that sure of this though. Is there a CAS coordinator at your school you could ask?

Yes, but I'd rather not. He's also my economics teacher + cas advisor but I disilike him...too much....

Wordpress is cleaner imo so I'd recommend that instead. You can also assign authors with their own login or so they're given limited access to the site but still able to post things.

I would keep in mind that you'll probably have to do a lot of the work yourself at the beginning since you can't expect other people to be extremely reliable.

Wordpress is cleaner imo so I'd recommend that instead. You can also assign authors with their own login or so they're given limited access to the site but still able to post things.

I would keep in mind that you'll probably have to do a lot of the work yourself at the beginning since you can't expect other people to be extremely reliable.

That seems like a good idea to me. Thank you for informing me on that, I'll keep that in mind!

Thank you again.

I am not interested in the CAS hours but I want to help. Although I don't really know too much about cyberbullying specifically I can guess it is an issue these days. I might be some help regarding the design and layout.

On a slightly related note some of you may find this youtube video interesting. It's called the "Bullying Experiment" and this guy sees what are people's reaction if they witness bullying and physical confrontation. Do they help out? Act like nothing just happened? Or run away? Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EisZTB4ZQxY

I'd be willing to help! :)

Mostly because I'm interested, but if it will get me some CAS then it's better!

Sorry about the late reply. Thank you for willing to participate :)

I'll inform all of you once I've gotten the information I need and started the website in general.

I am not interested in the CAS hours but I want to help. Although I don't really know too much about cyberbullying specifically I can guess it is an issue these days. I might be some help regarding the design and layout.

On a slightly related note some of you may find this youtube video interesting. It's called the "Bullying Experiment" and this guy sees what are people's reaction if they witness bullying and physical confrontation. Do they help out? Act like nothing just happened? Or run away? Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EisZTB4ZQxY

Thank you for the information, I'll be sure to use it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm interested, I believe it is best IF we could get sides of different people when it comes to bullying such as, the bully, the victim, and the random people who simply stand by. Next we promote this and hopefully JUST HOPEFULLY people would read and understand both sides in bullying further be aware of the situation... are you getting me? like they'll realise whats wrong themselves..

• 3 months later...