Official IB May 2008 Results Thread

Abu

Guest Charliebarlow

I probably should have posted these a couple of days ago - but I'm still pretty bummed about them...

HL Visual Arts - 7 - Really, really pleased - two of us got 7s at my school for the first time in 5 years!

HL Economics - 6 - I expected a 7, as this is my university subject... I'm so gutted!

HL Math - 5 - Oops... wanted a 6, but I was a retard so...

SL English A1 - 7 - I can't believe this after crying in my Oral Commentary hahaha!

SL Environmental Systems - 7 - Thank God!

SL French B - 5 - ...I don't know what happened here :)

TOK - A - I wrote this the night before, hahaha!!

EE - C - Expected an A... I'm definitely getting this remarked to see if I can hit the 40.

TOTAL: 39 points.

Congratulations to everyone else :)

Guest julz_90

haha crystal, now that I read about that I like my score even better! high five :)

most of all, I am pleased with the A in the EE (was really hoping for it), the 6 in maths HL (I only hoped for 5... never thought it would be possible) and the 7 in geramn A1 HL (I bombed my oral commentary, which was predicted 19/30 points, so I never thought I could improve on that...)

In our school, we all did very well... of 25 IB graduates, the lowest mark was 31, the highest 43 and the average 36.5!!! :)

Engligh A1 HL 4 ... should have been hight

Spanish B SL 5

History of the Americas HL 5

Chemistry HL 3 (i am so pleased with this score...i don't know if anyone can belive that)

Math SL 5

Visual art HL 4... and i was predicted a 5 i am ticked about this

EE in English C

TOK B (this was a plesant surprise... i thought that i had failed it)

one extra point for 27 total

IB Math SL: 4 (I was so freaking happy when I found out that I passed this one. I seriously thought I got a 2. I had already talked to my IBC about taking the exam again in November, summer calc tutors, etc. So basically I am psyched.)

IB Psychology SL: (I was quite miffed about this one. I liked the class, and I was a predicted 6. I'm not really sure what I did, but all well.)

Random note: On the AP Psychology Exam I got a 5 (out of 5), and a 4 (out of 7) on the IB exam.

I now see that the IB kids weren't' kidding when they said that AP exams were a joke in general. Just for you europeans who don't know what AP (Advanced Placement) classes are, they have a similar classes as IB, but the exams focus on specific facts and information.

@Nicole: Did you get your diploma? I'm just asking because the conditions for award of the diploma says you need at least 12 points at HL for hte diploma and you only got 11

EDIT: Oh I just noticed you have 4 HL. lol.

@chileanbob: You are only allowed to get one grade 3 at HL. So no, you can't get two 3s.

@All May 08: Before you go off to party and disappear, want to donate your IAs and notes and stuff to us?? :) Either make a new thread here and post them: http://www.ibsurvival.com/forum/index.php?showforum=31 or email them to me (email on profile page). Thanks, everyone :) . All much appreciated. Congratulations on finishing the IB :)

I Failed....

JOKING LOL

Actually, I didn't check my results yet caus I'm in China atm and didn't bring my pen number and stuff, but from what I've seen in class chain-e-mails, the results were pretty low... SOOOO.. I don't really wanna know what I got ><

i did get my diploma . rember that i had 4 HLs (art, history, english, and chem)so i got 16 points in HLs. i would have prolly never have gotten on this website again in i din't get my diploma.... i would have never wanted anything to do with IB again. i was predicteda 3 in that class, but i was so afriad that i got a 2... i was so excited for that 3. you guys have no idea. :)

Hey guys, just checked out the scores a few days ago, it was total hell trying to get in the system wasn't it?

English A1 HL - 7

Chemistry HL - 7

Economics HL - 7

Biology SL - 7

French SL -7

Mathematics SL - 7

English EE - B

TOK - A

Total Points: 45

Not completely shocked, I was predicted 44, just barely pulled a 7 in English, lucked out there. Nice job everyone, we're finally done!

Does anybody know when I can retake my math exam? :)

I think that's a bit OT, but November is the next session. And after that, May, and after that November...

There's an endless chain of retaking opportunities every year. You would probably only want to do it once or twice, though.

And congratulations to snowday! That is amazing, how did you do it?