Official IB May 2008 Results Thread

Abu

6 more days guys.. Until the IBC finds out our results and passes them on to us.

I'm really nervous!

Any of you made any contingency plans of any sort? If there is that worst case scenario (doesn't apply to Canadians and Americans who get unconditional offers)

Edited by Aboo

Shouldn't this be May 08?

Nevertheless, looking forward to getting my French mark.

I have a question though. The mark on my IB exam counts toward the 45 points or does my school year work get accounted for too?

Look closer, it is May 08 ^_^

Only your IB exams count towards the 45 points, not anything else. If you mean your IAs as part of your school year work, then yes they get accounted in your grade of 1-7 which then count towards your 45 along with the 3 bonus points of EE / ToK

Well you have an unconditional offer anyway. Do you want that score for the scholarships?

I must maintain 36 pts for my offer of admission to remain valid, but 40+ pts is for the best scholarships.

And to the person who posted above me, your IBC will find out at the same time (July 6) that you do, I don't think you can find out sooner.

when EXACTLY does our IBC know our results? since now am waiting for July 6th to know them... is there anyway i can know before from my IBC?

Your IBC finds out on the 5th, which is a Saturday. If s/he's kind enough to tell you the scores on a Saturday (Which my IBC is) then you can find out earlier. You get your personal scores online on the 6th.

I must maintain 36 pts for my offer of admission to remain valid, but 40+ pts is for the best scholarships.

And to the person who posted above me, your IBC will find out at the same time (July 6) that you do, I don't think you can find out sooner.

Then you don't have an unconditional. You have a conditional offer of admission. Btw, IBC finds out on the 5th.

So what exactly do you get to see when you go to the IBO site and look up your scores? Do you just see YOU RECEIVED A 5 IN MATH STUDIES or do you see any more detailed information?

Also, what is this thing I hear about conditional and unconditional scores or whatever? What's this mean?

Edited by chileanbob

Your IBC finds out on the 5th, which is a Saturday. If s/he's kind enough to tell you the scores on a Saturday (Which my IBC is) then you can find out earlier. You get your personal scores online on the 6th.

Then you don't have an unconditional. You have a conditional offer of admission. Btw, IBC finds out on the 5th.

Ugh, sorry, I meant that I have a conditional offer..no idea why I said unconditional :\.

And to Chilean, just go to https://results.ibo.org/candresults/index.cfm?noredirect=Y and log on with your info. All it tells you is the level you received beside each subject you took an exam for.

It's not unconditional scores, just offers of admission for universities.

So what exactly do you get to see when you go to the IBO site and look up your scores? Do you just see YOU RECEIVED A 5 IN MATH STUDIES or do you see any more detailed information?

Also, what is this thing I hear about conditional and unconditional scores or whatever? What's this mean?

You'll get a detailed break down of your scores, what you got in P1 and P2 and the IAs in about 2 weeks.

i'm freaking out! i'm freaking out!

i have a unconditional offer to the USA.. so dont need to meet an exact number.. but hey there's always a chance (though unis rarely do this) of a rescinded admission in case i fail or mess up majorly. so there is the worst case scenario for us US students. hahahah.

and thiiiss is why

i'm freaking out! i'm freaking out!

good luck everyone. hopefully we'll all do wellll :(

2008 MAY ENGLISH A1 SL 5

2008 MAY FRENCH B HL 4

2008 MAY SPANISH AB. SL 5

2008 MAY BUS.& MAN. EE in ENGLISH C

2008 MAY BUS.& MAN. HL in ENGLISH 6

2008 MAY PHYSICS SL in ENGLISH 4

2008 MAY MATHS.STATISTICS HL in ENGLISH 5

2008 MAY THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH C

Additional/Extra subjects