Hi guys!

I have questions about bio SL paper 1 TZ2.

The third question about what initiate the differentiation of stem cells(or something like this), what is the answer?

Is it C) the express of some genes and supression of some genes or B) the specialized functions during the embryonic development??

I thought about C first because the differentiated cell express some genes but later on I read the words "initiate" the differentiation, then I didn't know what to do and hence, I chose B.

Another question is about the pedigree chart and affected and unaffected parents. WHat is the trait of the disease? Autosomal dominant allele, autosomal recessive allele or sex-llinked allele?

Hi guys!

The third question about what initiate the differentiation of stem cells(or something like this), what is the answer?

Is it C) the express of some genes and supression of some genes or B) the specialized functions during the embryonic development??

I thought about C first because the differentiated cell express some genes but later on I read the words "initiate" the differentiation, then I didn't know what to do and hence, I chose B.

Another question is about the pedigree chart and affected and unaffected parents. WHat is the trait of the disease? Autosomal dominant allele, autosomal recessive allele or sex-llinked allele?

I chose C) too for the stem cell one.

For the pedigree chart I'm pretty sure I chose sex-linked recessive

Hi guys!

I chose B, because specialized functions during embryonic development didn't seem right.. but maybe I didn't understand it properly XD as to the pedigree chart, I figured it was autosomal dominant (autosomal mean non sex linked right? XD) and I'm pretty sure I was right here. And if I wasn't, you don't have to tell me this, I'll get to know in July ;p

WAHH I was afternoon

Paper one was easy, except I know I have some wrong answers
Paper two was easy, I studied cell resp. for nothing
Paper three was just confusing... The Robins flew at day right?

ARRGHHH whenever I think something was easy, I fail it. :(

For the traits one I said sex-linked. Because I noticed every male had it. But I'm not sure. What did you put.

And for the segmented joint appendages think did you choose annelida or anthropoda

I chose anthropoda because it had an exoskeleton. I also chose sex-linked by most of my class did not. They chose the one with the a.... something, I don't know because I'd never heard of that before. We had a huge discussion on it after, and everyone seemed to have a good justification for what they chose, so I'm really unsure about that one...