The Music Thread

Mr. Shiver

• 3 weeks later...

i love singing and playing piano.

i love the fray.

i love souljaboy's kiss me thru the phone.

i love beethoven symphony no.7 in a major, op. 92.

i love yellow card.

i love shenandoah! (did my ib musical investigation on it)

and MORE!

i pretty much love it all.

i also love britney spears's if u seek amy.

oh, and i don't like analyzing chords.

My music preference changes to be honest, but for the past few months, I seriously love Leona Lewis's songs :) *me likey*. I also listen to "rai".the north-afican/french song/rap. :)

Not many people seem to like it, because if they're french they wouldnt fully understand it because its mixed..and the arabs that arent nrth afican will hate it because they dont get ANYTHING from it..lol.

I'm pretty picky about the music I listen to. I mainly listen to indie/Brit rock. Muse, Coldplay and Hot Hot Heat are in my top three for sure....gosh , I SO wish I could've seen Muse at Wembley Stadium a few years back. I'm excited to see Coldplay in June though =]. Not many people have heard of Hot Hot Heat - they're from western Canada, I think anyone who reads this should go have a listen :clap: . Their song "Outta Heart" is one of my faves

• 2 weeks later...

I'm all about Kings of Leon and I'm gonna see them this summer! I'm stoked! Then there's of course The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Van Morrison, Coldplay, U2, Muse, Depeche Mode. There's a lot of great music out there! additionally, I have a big thing for film scores and movie trailer themes, which is so good to listen to when I'm writing...

• 3 weeks later...

I like a lot of genres. I'll listen to anything from Britney Spears to Mariah Carey to Taylor Swift to Evanescence to Secondhand Serenade to the Veronicas. As long as it's not full-on rap, house or country or something, if it appeals to me, I'll take it.

Lately I've been more into electropop though, like Lady Gaga and stuff.

And if I don't study while listening to music, I'll actually end up falling asleep; it's kind of sad. On the other hand, I can't listen to music and read something like a History package or something; other types of literature are fine, but not history-related ones, for some reason. :)

I also love my French music too - Yelle, Coeur de pirate, Celine Dion (yes, that's right). Really helped while studying for French, I'll say. :)

Hey, just wondering, what're all of your favorite albums of 2009 so far?

Here's my list:

1. Danger Mouse and Sparklehorse - Dark Night Of The Soul

2. Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion

3. Grizzly Bear - Veckatimest

4. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Vs. Children

5. Tim Hecker - An Imaginary Land

Wow. Nice to see that there are some metalheads on this board. I typically listen to all types of music but I absolutely love metal. All genres of metal is favored in my book. Some of my favorite artists are:

In Flames

Megadeth

Slayer

All That Remains

Iron Maiden

Anthrax

Shadows Fall

At The Gates

Motörhead

Judas Priest

Black Tide

The Berzerker

Metallica

To name a few. :P

I recently rediscovered Goldfrapp's first brilliant album Felt Mountain as well as Joanna Newsom's first album The Milk-eyed Mender, especially Peach, Plum, Pear. Late of the Pier is also the spice in my life, get into them. Friendly Fires are amazing as is Lykke Li. Ratatat's LP3 is superb. Roisin Murphy is the way all musician should be. Hercules and Love Affair bringing disco back.

Nice to see other metalheads, but I really only listen to Power, Symphonic and Melodic Death...

My favourites would have to be *deep breath*:

Alestorm

Amon Amarth

Blind Guardian

Children Of Bodom

Edguy

Elvenking

Epica

Firewind

Gamma Ray

Hammerfall

Iced Earth

In Flames

Iron Savior

Kamelot

Kivimetsän Druidi

Manowar

Nightwish

Primal Fear

Sabaton

Sonata Arctica

Turisas

We should have a "What are you listening to" thread...

Edited by TidusBlade

House music!!!!

I love tecktonik music too.

John Dahlback

Dj Antoine

Joachim Garraud

Eric Prydz

Beni Benassi

Axwell

Steve Angello

Mondotek

These are just a few. I like all music in fact, but the one I know the leats about is metal need to discover that at some point.

i love everything pretty much..jazz, country, rock, pop, powerpop.. haha. right now i'm listening alot to:

Forever the Sickest Kids, Cash Cash, Daft Punk, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Hey Monday, Van Halen, The Trews, Forever the Sickest Kids, Dragonette, Lady Gaga, CSS, Chromeo, the White Tie Affair, The Calling, Cobra Starship, Cute Is What We Aim For, Tickle Me Pink, Starfield, Boys like Girls, Taking Back Sunday, + more haha :)

Mangoendurance: Daft Punk is amazing. And I recently saw The Trews in concert, and they were nothing short of fantastic. They're one of those bands that sounds even better live.

Anyway, my musical predilections are kind of scattered all over the map. I have a tendency to listen to a lot of indie rock and classic rock, but I'm also really into folk, rockabilly, punk, experimental, psychedelic, electronica, and schtuff like that. OH. And I also have a thing for musicals. I've recently been listening to music from Avenue Q, like, nonstop.

And I have a slight obsession with The Beatles. Just sayin'. Some of my other favourite bands / artists include The Weakerthans, Bob Dylan, The Dresden Dolls, Ben Folds Five, The Rocket Summer, Citizen Cope, Mirah, The Meligrove Band, Beirut, Tom Waits, Propagandhi, Cat Stevens, Led Zeppelin, Shout Out Louds, Neutral Milk Hotel, Lily Allen, M.I.A., and Eric Clapton. Just to name a few. ;)

I like alternative music mainly, but I pretty much like anything.

My favourite band is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I think they're amazing. I really want to see them live.

Other artists I like include The Dresden Dolls, Goldfrapp, MGMT, Radiohead, Modest Mouse, Sia (been listening to her a lot lately), Phoenix, umm a range of things really.

Right now i'm listening to regina spektor.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really into hardstyle, for all the people that don't know what it is, you could visit my last.fm page to see/hear some examples: click

It's basically this: 140bpm, 4x4 beats. intro --> melody1 --> break --> melody2 --> outro

There are 2 different types of hardstyle, early and nu-style. Early is more raw and harder, while nu is more melodic and has a 'fatter' bass to it.

I could recommend this for a quick introduction into the style: (The 'good' parts always start at like, 1/3rd of the track.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bk4XopcoT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lmt5yP2BXXs

Edited by casefan