English B paper 1 and 2 HL

mm8888

Definite 7 for me! I am not a native speaker but I've been speaking English since I was a baby so this class is a piece of cake for me and it's one of my sure 7s although my prediction isn't that good :P. Well, objectively speaking I think paper 2 was more difficult than paper 1. Paper 1 was quite easy and in paper 2 I did the speech which was quite straight forward. My friends said the same too... Best luck to all ... XXX

I put the word count but what if I might counted it wrong? isnt it a problem if I put the number and its other number of words that I have written

NOOOO don't worry! They want more or less... they don't count the words :P

Hey, I also took English B HL this year and had a question about the general marking of the exams.

The thing is that the English B HL class of my school is taught by a teacher who does not "believe in perfection" and therefore marks as strict as it could possibly get. This has gone so far that several native English speakers, which are taking part in the course (for whatever reasons), have only gotten IB6's. Although I am not a native English speaker, I tend to score higher than most of them due to my ability of controlled and formal language, as well as my creativity and analytic skills.

This caused me to receive the first 100% she has ever rewarded in the interactive Oral and a very good 19/20 for the individual oral.

This means that I have 29/30 from Orals and whatever addition I get for the creative writing (I have not received any feedback, but i have a good feeling about it).

Therefore I wanted to ask you guys if such strict marking is the norm, hence me most likely receiving a 6, or if actual examiners tend to be more kind.

This worries me very much, due to the fact of me requiring 42 points while taking Geo SL, Chem HL and Bio HL. Therefore I may not, under any circumstances loose points to English B HL.

Thanks for any responses.

• 8 months later...