I did 2 and 4 on Paper 1. I thought the market failure one was pretty easy :)

On Paper 2 I did 1 (currency appreciation) and 4 (investment and development). I thought #1 was a little hard but overall the questions were pretty straightforward; there wasn't anything too difficult, I don't think..

Edited by ascruff
  • Like 1

Paper 1 #3 was about disinflation and inflation I think. I did 2 and 4 on Paper 1. I felt pretty confident about 2 but I think I could have done a bit better on 4. Paper 2 was pretty easy though; I did 1 and 4.

• Like 1

Hey :) on paper 2, question 4, evaluation: evaluate the impact of china and America's investment in Cambodia - how did you all approach your evaluation? Did you evaluate the impact of investment in general or make the distinction between china's and the USA's? Since China's was very capital intensive and unsustainable whereas the USA's focused on development and education?

• Like 1

I think that P1 was really bad, questions were so vague, especially when they asked what are difficulties in measuring unemployment. That is not something you can write a lot about. I chose Q 1 and 3 on P1 and 1 and 4 on P2. Dev. Economics was so easy, and P2 in general.

And in reply to Mardissino: I generally evaluated how investment can be good to improve development and growth as long as appropriate technology and means were used. I didnt concentrate on USA and China in particular.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Can please anyone tell me what the the topics were for paper 1 sl for economics? :surrender:

I could really use it for my end of year's exams of grade 11, it would help me so much, please...

Edited by YNWA

• 2 weeks later...

"I think that P1 was really bad, questions were so vague, especially when they asked what are difficulties in measuring unemployment."

:o Haha never knew this could actually show up on the exams. I always skipped parts like these and like uncertainties in measuring GDP etc. I guess I'll have to study everything now.

• 2 weeks later...

I am taking paper exam of TZ2 and scrolling down your comments, I think most of you doing TZ1 exam paper. Let me share with you what exactly I answered for paper 1 TZ1 it is quite easy for Micro, I able to answer no 1 talking about Price Mechanism.

1. a) Why does the price for accomodation shud be intervene by government under what policies?

- Price ceiling/ Price maximum

-reasoning including protecting the poors and etc

b)evaluate the price mechanism.

For macroeconomics i answered question no 3.

3. a) i forgot.

b) cost of unemployment

for Paper 2. I answer no2 and n03. both are easy.

overall i just aim to get at least grade 6.