Does anyone have general tips on writing Math IAs (SL)?

InternationalBabe

This would probably depend on the type of IA it is, one or two. Depending on that you'd have to go about it. Type one mostly always deals with a type of sequence, and type two is a modeling IA where you need to use a lot of technology to manipulate the data. I've finished both so far, so if you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them

There isn't a tip really but i guess i can tell you what you must do:

- Introduction where you just define all parameters, equations, shapes whatever you're going to be using. It's always good to have some sort of introduction. Think about writing your IA for an 11 year old student. This way you will explain every single thing through the process.

- Follow the procedure really. It is an investigation so you aren't expected to know EVERYTHING. You just have to walk-through, discussing everything about your findings.

- Conclusion: Summarize?

The main thing you have to keep in mind is that you're writing an IA for someone who's new to Math. Just keep that in mind as a tip and follow the procedure.

• Like 1

Basically it's was they said already, write as if you're writing to a person who doesn't know anything about math. So you should take the time to write out the meaning in each formula, what each variable represents. Make sure to include the process you chose to arrive at your answer. The truth is, they would be surprised if you got the answer right away, so it's important to show what you tried and before deciding your way was the right way. It's a lengthy process, but it's really worth it.

• Like 1