Maths SL P2 TZ2

Yea it was more difficult than paper 1

The second part of the probability question was difficult

I was getting a value more than 1

I just realized after the exam that we have to find the intersection of both probabilities

Since the first part was asking was asking about probability of at least one

And the second part asked for at most three, given that at least one already happened

Then the intersection is 1, and 2

I think the answer is

(binompdf(30,0.05,1)+binompdf(30,0.05,2))/(1-binompdf(30,0.05,0) = 0.7608

I found the answer as P(x=1) + P(X=2), thats it. Because they ask for what is the probability of getting at MOST 2 but at least 1. Hence 1 or 2... so add them.

i think i used same method as debrogeliez as it was a conditional probability type of question with given that...

Yes it is a conditional probability question and if you find the intersection upon the given condition you will find the same answer but I have realized in many cases that it's often easier to just use common sense...

I got 1/7, 5/21 and 1/5, if I recall correctly. First one being that 2 white balls are drawn from bag A, second one - that there will be 2 white balls from either bag A or bag B; third one - given there are 2 white balls, prob that they come from bag A

I think I got the same :proud:

Even i got the same..!

I also think that IB is extremely mean - they ask you to calculate the angle in the triangle, given the two other angles. You're like: omg, this paper is gonna be sweet...! :) And then it only gets worse.... :(

I think IB is pretty nice. All you have to do is find an angle

I also think that IB is extremely mean - they ask you to calculate the angle in the triangle, given the two other angles. You're like: omg, this paper is gonna be sweet...! :) And then it only gets worse.... :(

I think IB is pretty nice. All you have to do is find an angle

It's not if you suck at trig, like me :P Plus the panic when you are allowed to go through the paper makes you confuse yourself as well.

It's not if you suck at trig, like me :P Plus the panic when you are allowed to go through the paper makes you confuse yourself as well.

That's why you use that time to just first find the easiest problems you can recognize (usually in section A) and do that first, it'll instill your confidence.

• 2 weeks later...

The test was so much harder than I had presumed. Well Section A I think I got everything right but honestly, I blanked out in Section B - it was so difficult. I'm really hoping for low grade boundaries and that my Paper 1 grade and my portfolios will balance out my performance in Paper 2 :P

• 2 weeks later...

After reading all the previous posts I get a bit confused about what I should think about Paper 2. I actually liked it but yeah some parts I hated. Overall I did not find it too hard. I just wished I hadn't missed a couple of lessons when they went through propabilty (the one with the distribution,not the other type). I didn't know what to do because I didn't have all the understanding of it but apart from that I am hoping for a method mark. You can never know.

I didn't like drawing the one graph in section A. Section B I found not as bad as past papers. Vectors are quite straight forward. Can't remember the other parts. Paper 1 was a little bit better and I really hope to get a 6 in SL since my portfolio was a 7. But as said before, it's IB, so you never knoe.

What do you guys reckon? Low or high grade boundaries?