Maths SL P2 TZ2

So, how did you guys find Paper 2 compared to Paper 1?

I found it much harder and really struggled with a few questions - I only managed the Matrices one through trial and error rather than actual Mathematical skill >.<

Well, matrices included pre-multiplication and post-multiplication concepts.. Series and sequences task was quite straightforward, calculus, vectors, too.. Failed with probabilities I guess, and did not fully answer the questions on B section.. Overall, quite poor performance by me on Paper 2.

I thought paper 2 TZ2 was absolutely ridiculous, i'm terrified that i'm gonna fail math and therefore my diploma because of it... didn't help that i had a high fever, i completely blanked - don't think i got over 20 points, if even that. And i was very well prepared, knew 12 papers by heart when i went in. I just think it was plain unfair of the IB to give us a paper like that. I cried yesterday for two hours and again today.

Wasn't the matrix question like this:

A times C times inverse of A = B

How did you people solve it?

I removed the A from the front of C, while putting an inverse of A in front of B - can you do that?

Then I got rid of the inverse of A after C, by multiplying the right hand matrix by an A after it

Is that the answer? :(

I removed the A from the front of C, while putting an inverse of A in front of B - can you do that?

Then I got rid of the inverse of A after C, by multiplying the right hand matrix by an A after it

That's what I did as well, it should be the right answer, I mean the method is legit so can't see how it could be wrong

I remember getting -31. something...

Phew...i think i got that too...i was just confused about it being negative though :S

yeah that was quite odd but I graphed it and it gave me the same answer as well

Guys what was the answer of the vector angle question? i got something like 95

me too, 95.9 I think

That's what I did as well, it should be the right answer, I mean the method is legit so can't see how it could be wrong

I did the same thing... hope it's right... what values did you'll get for a,b,c? What about the cos theta question? Oh and also the last one - question 10? :S :/

I thought this paper was challenging.

I believe for the matrix question you had to do A-1CA to solve.

I got the second part of probability wrong, does anyone know how many marks was that? It was an easy question but I got confused with the wording.

The vector section was simple.

For the second part of section B, you had to derive the cubic expresiion and equate it to zero, and then plug in x=1, (because min point is at x=1)

The last part of section B was challenging. I did not know how to do the last question. Anyone solved that one? You had to write down the doman in theta or something..

The matrices question trick was to realize that the inverse of the inverse is A itself!

And I think I got -31 for the gradient too!

For the vectors angle I got 95.9 degrees, I don't know why some of my friends did 180-Answer to get 84.1, did it ask for the acute angle? can't remember :(

What about the last question about the angle? How much did you guys get? I think I got 1.22 radians

I didn't get -31, I got a postive value for acceleration. Probably did that one wrong too -.-

What about the last question about the angle? How much did you guys get? I think I got 1.22 radians

That is correct

The matrices question trick was to realize that the inverse of the inverse is A itself!

For the vectors angle I got 95.9 degrees, I don't know why some of my friends did 180-Answer to get 84.1, did it ask for the acute angle? can't remember :(

I think I got that too.. Not sure though.. Bit mixed up with all the numbers.. I think the grade boundaries will be LOW.. What do you'll feel?

I did the same thing... hope it's right... what values did you'll get for a,b,c? What about the cos theta question? Oh and also the last one - question 10? :S :/

a b c in the matrix question section B? I got a=2, b=-3 c=5

question 10, i got theta to be 1.22 radians, but I didn't manage to do the very last question with the intervals :/

they asked for the obtuse angle! :)