What can I do for Action hours?

SammiDee

So I live in the Netherlands but I don't speak Dutch. There aren't any sports clubs at my school and all the Dutch ones are, well, in Dutch. What can I do for my action hours then? Does MUN count for CAS points, and if so for Creativity, Action or Service? What else could I do for action?

You can do jogging or ask someone to tutor you in football or basketball or volleyball, etc. Also you could try learning something new like dancing which also counts for action hours as well as creativity hours.

MUN is creativity and service. Creativity because you perform new things and create new ideas that can be implemented into your resolutions and what not. Service is due to the fact that it helps the society locally and globally depending on what you plan to do.

for action you can walk dogs, which can also be service, gym, and dance is one good one :D i got about 200 hours from dance because you dont realise how much you really do until you add all the hours together. :) Maybe do some fun things..i did skydiving, deep sea diving and bunjee jumping :) the lessons also count towards action.

• 2 weeks later...

holland is perfect for cycling.

I dont know where exactly you live, but there is this thing comming up. It is called De 4 daagsen. http://www.4daagse.nl/en.html

You are basicly walking for four days through holland. You can get a lot of action points. :D Some people from my class are going to do it. But it is pretty hard if you are not trained.

Action doesn't just have to be sports. Action can also be in the form of 'taking action', like organizing events, etc.

Dance is actually a good activity!

I'm not sure about that. I mean at my school, organizing events would go under creativity as you're 'creating' something new.

But you may also be right, I guess.

Edited by Wɪɩɩȯw

Action doesn't just have to be sports. Action can also be in the form of 'taking action', like organizing events, etc.

Dance is actually a good activity!

I'm not sure about that. I mean at my school, organizing events would go under creativity as you're 'creating' something new.

But you may also be right, I guess.

Depends on what kind of part you play in it. If you're running around micromanaging stalls at a show, making sure the caterers are on time and the chairs are in place and everyone else is doing what they're supposed to, I think that counts as action. But depends from school to school really

• 1 month later...

It is true that action doesn't have to be a sport. At my school a lot of people do Habitat for Humanity, which can also be counted as service and creativity. Some people do the Spring play which is very active. You can also join a gym and have someone there sign off your hours. Just be careful of doing running or biking or any activity on your own because you have to have someone that isn't related to you sign off on those hours.