plan for summer

IntellectualBadAss

Hey,

so this summer I was planning to either participate in a research camp in Ottawa, Canada.. which count for high school credits.......... or enroll in a first year university course that counts for uni credit (prolly take bio, chem, math, or eng)... which one would be better on the resume when i apply to US university? Also, is volunteering abroad a good idea?

Please share your ideas!

Thank you very much

i can also take university course in september to december. but i think that wouldn't help much towards uni application because early US application ends in november.

• 1 month later...

volunteering is a pretty good idea. However, i do not think that volunteering abroad will make a such a big difference. Its better to save that much time for SAT practice, as it is more important

umm, in summer, Im just going to teach math to the underprivileged kids in a local NGO. apart from that ill do a research project and write a math textbook i guess. :P

volunteering is a pretty good idea. However, i do not think that volunteering abroad will make a such a big difference. Its better to save that much time for SAT practice, as it is more important

umm, in summer, Im just going to teach math to the underprivileged kids in a local NGO. apart from that ill do a research project and write a math textbook i guess. :P

When you live in a developed country I would gues its harder to do social work like teaching underpriveleged kids. But then again, i might just be stereotyping here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

1. Finish Extended Essay

2. Finish the 1000 Past IB Math HL papers questions book my math teacher has assigned

3. Finish the remaining of my CAS

4. Take a trip around Canada with my mates

5. Try to get myself to the level where I am able to actually give the oral exam instead of breaking the Guiness record for being the person that says Umm the most in 12 minutes.

6. No duh that I got to also do past papers for my other subjects too...

Thats all I can think of at the moment... :)

• Like 1

GOING TO THE BEACH ALL DAY EVERY DAY. That being said I might go visit family up in the northeast.

So nice to be done with IB and not have to worry about things like EEs and uni applications. Good luck to all you '13 candidates :)

I feel a little nervous now...is it bad if I don't do CAS in the summer? :\ I'm going WAY abroad to a foreign country in which the agenda is planned totally by my parents so I doubt that with that, and doing school work I'll have time to fit in activities >.<

I feel a little nervous now...is it bad if I don't do CAS in the summer? :\ I'm going WAY abroad to a foreign country in which the agenda is planned totally by my parents so I doubt that with that, and doing school work I'll have time to fit in activities >.<

No that's fine if you don't do CAS in the summer. While it would be nice to get it out of the way, you'll still have several months to get it all done. And if you do just like 2-4 hours each week it will add up and you'll get it in no time.