English A1 HL- 7

Chinese B SL- 6

Business and Management SL- 7

Geography HL- 7

Biology HL- 7

Math SL- 7

EE: A- TOK: B

Score 44. Pretty dissapointed.

You should be, that 6 in Chinese B SL is going to prevent you from getting in anywhere...

Not sure about New Zealand, but interpretation of IB results differ greatly in comparison to the rest of the world here in Australia. We get our IB scores converted into the local system and then our applications are sent to universities.

They do not look at our raw IB scores, or independent subjects, its just total score.

It's a sad reality until the universities start accepting applications based on raw IB scores.

Not sure about New Zealand, but interpretation of IB results differ greatly in comparison to the rest of the world here in Australia. We get our IB scores converted into the local system and then our applications are sent to universities.

They do not look at our raw IB scores, or independent subjects, its just total score.

It's a sad reality until the universities start accepting applications based on raw IB scores.

Actually, some of them do look at raw IB scores and independent subjects. Melbourne Uni is one of them - for example, a clearly-in rank for Biomed at MelbUni is 98.45 ATAR (converted IB RAW 41+) but only 36 for an actual IB RAW (but you have to get certain scores in certain IB subjects, at least 4 in English and one of Physics/Chem/Bio I think). Not that that affects me much, but it's a huge difference!

Edited by Schrödinger's Cat

English A1 HL- 7

Chinese B SL- 6

Business and Management SL- 7

Geography HL- 7

Biology HL- 7

Math SL- 7

EE: A- TOK: B

Score 44. Pretty dissapointed.

You should be, that 6 in Chinese B SL is going to prevent you from getting in anywhere...

lol, don't people understand sarcasm anymore? That guy/gal will obviously have no problem getting in most places

• Like 5

Actually, some of them do look at raw IB scores and independent subjects. Melbourne Uni is one of them - for example, a clearly-in rank for Biomed at MelbUni is 98.45 ATAR (converted IB RAW 41+) but only 36 for an actual IB RAW (but you have to get certain scores in certain IB subjects, at least 4 in English and one of Physics/Chem/Bio I think). Not that that affects me much, but it's a huge difference!

I'm also from Melbourne and have checked their booklet (UniMelb) several times and I'm quite sure that 36+ applies only for international students. Domestic students don't receive that luxury (I may be wrong but take another look for yourself).

chrypton I noted the obvious sarcasm lol. But from where I am from that single mark could be the difference between a scholarship or a guaranteed entry into a graduate program.

Nonetheless the scores posted are fantastic and a commendable achievement.

• Like 1

I'm also from Melbourne and have checked their booklet (UniMelb) several times and I'm quite sure that 36+ applies only for international students. Domestic students don't receive that luxury (I may be wrong but take another look for yourself).

chrypton I noted the obvious sarcasm lol. But from where I am from that single mark could be the difference between a scholarship or a guaranteed entry into a graduate program.

Nonetheless the scores posted are fantastic and a commendable achievement.

Oh really? :\ LAME. I might check again later, though.

And yeah, isn't it stupid how the national scholarship is 99.90 ATAR so 44 doesn't get you there (at least in Victoria)?! It's so unfair.

In South Australia (scroll about 3/4 down) anything 43+ is a 99.95 ATAR. How awesome is that?!

Edited by Schrödinger's Cat

And yeah, isn't it stupid how the national scholarship is 99.90 ATAR so 44 doesn't get you there (at least in Victoria)?! It's so unfair.

In South Australia (scroll about 3/4 down) anything 43+ is a 99.95 ATAR. How awesome is that?!

Yeah, I'm from South Australia and our school consistently has quite a few students getting 99.95s. The conversion rate is really favourable from SACE to IB, its awesome! Too bad that I want to study interstate :P.

By the way, congratulations all you November candidates! Really inspirational for someone who is about to start IB :D

[quote name=Gee :)' timestamp='1325934580' post='145771]

Thanks Schrödinger's Cat :) I have decided to look on the bright side since I already have uni acceptance.I guess it was just a bit of a shock :/ Congrats to you & good luck to all other Nov2011ers for uni acceptance and the future at large :P:)

No worries! Yes, that's it, positivity gets you a long way! And uni acceptance is awesome! :) Thanks for the well wishes~ I just feel so proud of my fellow November 2011s, I want to give everyone a big hug tehehe. I'm so soppy like that. :D<3

Yeah, I'm from South Australia and our school consistently has quite a few students getting 99.95s. The conversion rate is really favourable from SACE to IB, its awesome! Too bad that I want to study interstate :P.

By the way, congratulations all you November candidates! Really inspirational for someone who is about to start IB :D

Dayummmmmmmmmnnnn haha, I'd love that conversion rate for Victoria... Victorians, let's all band together and protest. XD

But it's cool you want to study interstate. Come Melbourne! We have cookies. 8D

And thanks for the congratulations! Good luck for everything!!!

41 (:

Congratulations!!! <3

My exams are in May but felt like browsing around, I think my school's highest of all time was like a 39, and since then seems to have gone down. You guys are making me feel bad. :P

But congratulations to everyoneeee! Seem to have done amazingly! Good luck with everything :)

how did you guys manage a 42? :o

please give me some tips..

my subjects:

HL- Physics, Math, Chem

SL- Econ, English, French

Congratulations for all did well!

I am pretty happy with my marks

HL

Physics 7

Math 7

Economics 7

English B 6

SL

Chemistry 7

Chinese A 6

EE (economics) A

TOK A

43/45..... I need 42 by the way..

dude, your score is awesomeee! :D

give me tips to get a 7 in Math HL? :P

how did you guys manage a 42? :o please give me some tips.. my subjects: HL- Physics, Math, Chem SL- Econ, English, French
Congratulations for all did well! I am pretty happy with my marks HL Physics 7 Math 7 Economics 7 English B 6 SL Chemistry 7 Chinese A 6 EE (economics) A TOK A 43/45..... I need 42 by the way..
dude, your score is awesomeee! :D give me tips to get a 7 in Math HL? :P
You must hold great interest in the subject. You must understand all theories and able to do all questions you met before. NO MERCY. Practice a lot. By the way, 90+ percentage for both math and physics. So if you do these, 7 should be guaranteed.

Good Luck!

Edited by tomzzz

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations everyone... Just if anyone is interested from my research please find below the schools in Melbourne ( Australia ) and their distribution of perfect IB scores.

Lauriston Girls School : 2

Carey Baptist Grammar School: 2

Methodist Ladies College : 1

Presbyterian Ladies College: 1

Ivanhoe Grammar School: 1

Kilmore International School: 1

Kardinia International College: 1

Geelong Grammar School: 1

Tintern Schools: 0

St.Leonard's College: 0

Wesley College: Unknown

Australian International Academy of Education: Unknown

Haileybury College: Unknown

Mowbray College: Unknown

Edited by wazii

Congrats to you high achievers! 40 and 42 are amazing scores! May I ask which schools you went to? My graduating class are only the second IB cohort at my school, and last year's highest mark was 31, this year's 32.

May I ask what school *you* went to? Sounds like you guys were in much the same boat as us over at Haileybury. We did have a 37, but the kid who got it was an undoubtable 43+ at any school that knew what they were doing. We don't finish HL Chem or Maths courses before exams, and get moderated down in every subject except Eco. For Christs' sake, we don't even have ToK classes. Myself and a Year 11 Bio SL student were the only 7s in the exam session.