suggested Maths HL Core Textbooks?

DDuino

People in my school that take Mathematics HL use several text books but the main one is Mathematics Higher Level (Core) 2nd edition, published by IBID press. However you should consider looking at other texbooks such as Haese and Harris Publications, the OSC revision guides, Mathematics Higher Level for IB Diploma by Bill Roberts and Sandy Mckenzie THE BOOK.

Hope it helped

• 1 month later...

I believe there's already a thread on HL Maths textbooks: http://www.ibsurviva...7-hl-textbooks/

I've already replied to the thread above so I'm just going to copy and paste my post (sorry if this isn't allowed):

We use the Haese & Harris one at school. It's not a terrible textbook, but the questions in the exercises are often too simple compared to actual past paper questions. There's a pretty big jump in difficulty between them. Which is why whenever I'm revising for a test, I never use the textbook. Revising from past papers is muuuuch better. But having said that, the textbook is quite good for consolidating basic concepts.

Haese & Harris does have an Exam Preparation Guide which I think is quite good. The questions in the examination practice sets are similar to real past paper questions, and the good thing about the guide is that it comes with worked solutions.

And about the Cambridge textbook: I know someone from the year above who bought the Cambridge textbook for revision, and she said that it's much better than the Haese & Harris one. I had a look and it does seem pretty good to me!