2012 UCAS Applicants Thread

The Economist

I'm thinking of Durham as first and Reading as my second choice.

If I were you that's exactly what I would have done. I really don't have much knowledge on the Psychology course, but from my constant browsing on TSR I got the impression that Durham has a better reputation than Reading. Don't base your decision purely on the uni's reputation though. First and foremost check the course structure, then the student life and then you can also consider the reputation. I'm not sure if you have seen this but check this site: http://www.unionview.com/

It has videos and commentaries on each UK university which may help you decide.

Has anyone decided upon their firm/insurance yet? :)

how about others, have you all decided or are you leaving it till after exams too?

I need to decide before exams because my deadline is the 9th of May... so I'd rather decide before the exams than in the middle of the exams. So I am carefully considering which unis to choose as firm and insurance now :)

• 2 weeks later...

I firmed Hispanic Studies and Linguistics at QMUL today! (:

And my insurance is Hispanic Studies with English at KCL. Bit 'strange' because the overall points they ask for is 4 points higher than QMUL, but the problem was that my offer for Hispanic Studies and Linguistics at QMUL is the lowest 'overall' offer I have. I chose KCL as my insurance because they ask for a lower grade in English, and I am pretty confident of getting 36 points overall. Also I don't really want to go to RHUL because it's too far out of London in my opinion :P

I'm looking forward to going to QMUL but I want it to be results day so I can find out whether I can really go! I'm nervous for that already haha

• 1 month later...

Has anyone decided upon their firm/insurance yet? :)

Haven't. Still waiting for HKU+HKUST (local university) offers.

Hmm, that's strange, have you heard from HKU yet? I thought they were usually fast to get through non-JUPAS applications.

I got an offer for HKU in February, went for the interview in mid-April and got a confirmation e-mail 2 weeks later. I think you should hear from them soon.

• 2 months later...