2012 UCAS Applicants Thread

The Economist

Yes, Desy, I guess you are right.

Personally, I'm applying to Ox, LSE, UCL, King's, and Queen Mary. So 4 of them are the ones you just mentioned. :)

P.S. if anyone's interested, I'm predicted 43-44/45 in IB! :)

Cool! what college did you apply to for Oxford? I made an open application and got Keble College.. If we both get invited to an interview, we may meet in December :) how was your LNAT btw?

At first I also wanted to make an open app because I wasn't really sure about which college to choose. But later on I changed my mind and started continuously searching for a suitable college. So yeah, finally I decided to apply to Queen's college and somehow I'm satisfied with my decision. :D

haha, yeah, we might meet there on 7 Dec! :) Good luck for you to get an interview!

My LNAT... Well, I don't know exactly. My first impression was like: "I must have screwed less than in practice tests, so it's not that bad." But the more I think about it, the less sure I'm about my success. So I just don't know. I'm glad I don't know my results, so I can still hope to get one offer or another :D

What about your LNAT? Have you done the practice tests? If yes, how much have you scored, if you don't mind telling?

Thank you! good luck to you too, though I'm convinced you'll get an interview considering your predicted grades..

I honestly can't remember what score I got for the practice LNAT.. I think I got slightly over halv of the questions right.. The first part of the real LNAT went quite well I think (hope), but I failed at the essay bit, I only wrote like 350 words :(

but anyway, we'll see!

Well, for me it was totally the opposite. I wrote exactly 600 words of the essay and its content was not that bad, so I'm pretty satisfied with it. But the first part was muuuch worse. In my practice tests I also scored only about half, and somehow in a real test I hoped to have scored a bit more. But I'm not sure, though.

Anyway, we'll see! :)

P.S. let me know when you get your decision from Ox :D

It was really difficult! I had expected the linguistics to be much easier than the Spanish, because the linguistics specimen paper was quite easy. But this one was much harder. And the Spanish was just horrible, I can't seem to remember my conjugations and I just find it really difficult to structure sentences properly. I hope I still get shortlisted for interview, but I won't be surprised if I don't...

How was yours?

• 3 weeks later...

It was really difficult! I had expected the linguistics to be much easier than the Spanish, because the linguistics specimen paper was quite easy. But this one was much harder. And the Spanish was just horrible, I can't seem to remember my conjugations and I just find it really difficult to structure sentences properly. I hope I still get shortlisted for interview, but I won't be surprised if I don't...

How was yours?

the MAT was easier than I thought! btw, have you heard back from your college?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey ! anyone else applying for law in the uk here? smile.gif

Hey! I'm applying for law as well! What unis did you choose? smile.gif Have you already received any offers?

Hey! I've also applied for Law. I put my UCAS application through three weeks ago with these choices:

UCL

LSE

SOAS

Warwick

Kent

I just got my first offer today, from SOAS. It's not my first choice, but I'm already over the moon! I'm kind of amazed that SOAS, one of the Universities of London, would give out offers so soon! And to think that they gave an offer before Kent! ... As you can tell I'm pretty ecstatic at the moment :P

Edit 3/12/11: I just received my second offer from Kent. Yay! Now to wait for UCL, LSE and Warwick. Bleh, I bet they'll take forever...

Edited by ninety